ugh

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Went to great clips to get my wonderful haircut. I got the same lady who can't cut hair worth sh*t for the 4tH time in a row. AS she is cutting my crown area she tries to convince me i am thinning,....

I just look at her with this puzzled look on my face "noo waY?!" and then she keeps going on, being loud about. Saying I shouldn't wear hats and that I am way too young to be thinning back there. I wanted to hit her in the face.

I have a question though, she said something about massaging your scalp increases folical activity? she was like "you better get on this before it's to late" is she dumb?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Mat, hate to say it, but this girl is clueless. Don't wear hats? Sounds like she got a crash course in "hair loss for retards 101".

First thing you need to do, as un-masculine as it sounds, and as expensive as it can be, is find a hair *stylist*. Great clips, and places like it, gave me crap for hair cuts my entire life. You get what you pay for. Now I pay roughly $30 to $45 for a haircut and the guy that does it for me is talented as hell.

Stylists not only know how to cut hair better, they know what products to recommend to help hide thinning, and they are trained not to be complete idiots and embarrass you by speaking loudly about your hair loss in a room full of people. That is just unreal that she did that.

What I did and what you can do is call an actual salon and ask who their most talented and in-demand stylist is, and you're likely to get someone who knows their stuff. Tact will also be present.

PS..... get your hopes up. You're thinning, and you're on Propecia now ... so you're a prime candidate for RESULTS in roughly 8 more months. You've got reason to be hopeful. Just make sure you add nizoral into the mix once every 3 days. It has been (sorta) shown to work almost as well as Rogaine 2% at stimulating growth, and since its just a shampoo, its not really an "addition to your regimen"

HairLossTalk.com

Axon

Reaction score
I would have told her thanks for embarassing me, I'm never coming here again. Be grateful I'm paying.

Cassin

Reaction score
What a complete c***.

I hate confrontation but I think I would have lost my temper a bit with that Bullshit. I use to work in a healthfood store that sold tons of supps. Overweight people come in all the time and ask for stuff that might help them. I remember each and everyone of the people in my store used lowered voices and had class when they spoke to someone.

That is unreal what you went through.

I would do what HairLossTalk.com said, perhaps grow your hair out an inch or two longer than normal, get to a salon. Then just tell them to do whatever they think will look good.

desar

Established Member
Reaction score
Matgallis said:
Went to great clips to get my wonderful haircut. I got the same lady who can't cut hair worth sh*t for the 4tH time in a row. AS she is cutting my crown area she tries to convince me i am thinning,....

Why would you go back for a fourth time if she sucked the first three times?

Anyway, I agree with HairLossTalk.com. Its worth spending a little money because a stylist can cut hair in a way that makes it appear thicker.
Desar

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It was only one lady, I don't go in there if shes there but she always comes out as soon as the other lady checks me in. It's rather annoying :(

The other ladies are really good though, i've had some pretty good hair cuts until this recent lady came here. Looks like it'll be the last time i'll be going there *looks for a saloon*

Ins't Nizoral pretty expensive?

G

Matgallis said:

I just look at her with this puzzled look on my face "noo waY?!" and then she keeps going on, being loud about. Saying I shouldn't wear hats and that I am way too young to be thinning back there. I wanted to hit her in the face.

I have a question though, she said something about massaging your scalp increases folical activity? she was like "you better get on this before it's to late" is she dumb?

Here is an obvious question; four times in a row, What are YOU thinking?

And yes, she is going to make some man very misearble some day (or now for that matter).

Willworkforhair

Reaction score
Yeah that's pretty shitty and ignorant of her, you'd be surprised how many people, old and young, will tell you that you are thinning because you wear hats all the time, and you feel like telling them "I wear hats all the time because my hair is thin you dumbass" they don't seem to get that. Way too many dumb myths about hairloss out there, and even more dumb people to spread them.