UKMale's Story - (24 / with pics)

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! Been meaning to sign up to one of thees forums for a while.

Anyway, i'll cut to the chase. I'm 24 and first noticed a tiny bit of thinning on my crown at 21. Gradually it got thinner and more noticeable. About 18months ago I started noticing my perfectly straight hairline was losing it's err...straightness, and i noticed the V-shape starting to take effect. I panicked badly. I'd only used some herbal oils now and then to help it. & i've been very fearful of using medicines like Minoxidil, etc. I used to think I was getting hairloss because I suffered from anxiety and I had a very poor diet and exercise regime. Anyway, that's all gone now and i'm still getting hairloss.

So at the start of the year (literally January 1st 2011) I started using Regaine Extra Strength liquid, twice a day. It started shedding quite quickly, especially on the middle of my hairline and temples but i look(ed) at this as a positive. I already think it's improved my crown - i think the picture of it makes it look better than it may be, but then again i'm kinda scared to look at my own crown, the only time i do is when i get a haircut and she puts the mirror behind so i can check the back! I've also noticed small, fine hairs coming back on my hairline in the past few weeks but I don't know if these were before as my hairline has moved up.

In the past week though, I've been getting an itch all over my body. I don't know if this is a side effect of Minoxidil as their description of side effects aren't very exact. Has anyone else had this?

I've also toyed with the idea of taking Dutasteride/Finasteride but I think they are far too risky. But then again i really can't hack the idea of having to use Minoxidil twice a day for the long-term future.

121afzm.jpg

15hybkg.jpg

2v17rc0.jpg

1z55cns.jpg

23tjw9u.jpg

zu46ra.jpg

JohnDoe1989

Reaction score
Re: UKMale's story - 24/with pics

I f*cking hate when this happen.

M8 if u don t have the itching thing go on finasteride M-W-F 1mg ( as for those with hair transplant - i don t recommend it ED becouse it can f*ck u up) or maybe 0.5mg EOD.IMO if u say it has been for 3 years this is kind of a slow male pattern baldness so it is hard to tell if a high dose of finasteride can make so much diference (i mean a nice regrowth fast - but you can't know unless u try). But with the finasteride you can def keep your actual hair.

U could try the S5 Cream blocker(no sides) and MUST HAVE nizoral 2% 2-3 times a week in combination with a good natural shampoo if u react badly from it. If u want a fast recovery - u def need to use that minoxidil on the crown for 3-4 months, and then keep it with the blocker.(if u want to stop)

I think your skin is inflamed by the MIN (it's red) - if u want to keep using it i recommend to use DERMOVATE - it did wonders for me.

I personally think u can make it if u can mantain the pace with the daily rutine. Cheer Up! Your hair STILL LOOKS GREAT!

PS: All that i had said here is from my EXPERIENCE and the things that i've read here. Please do not put yourself reading all the articles here becouse u can get a fobia like all of us. Just try the meds and report here one every three months with pics.

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score

hey man, cheers for replying.
could you define some of the abbreviations like MWF, hair transplant and ED or EOD as I don't know what any of them mean.

I'm just really scared to take finasteride because i don't want to become infertile or permanently impotent like has been reported in some (although very rare) cases.

i have been thinking about the s5 cream, how effective is it compared to finasteride? i just bought nizoral this week and have used it 3 times already as my hair's been itching. i also only use natural shampoos anyway, i have one that contains bilberry extract as it meant to be good for hair growth.

and funny you mention dermovate as i put some on just a couple of hours ago. i got prescribed some from my doctor a few weeks back so i will definitely putting some of that sh*t on more often.

thanks for the feedback dude

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
MFW - Monday, Wednesday and Friday
hair transplant- ? not sure, usually means hair transplant around here
ED - Every day
EOD - Every other day

You won't become infertile or permanently impotent from taking finasteride, I can assure you of that.

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
marfiuss said:
hey m8 , we look pretty similar im 25 tho maybe a litle bit worse at the crown. Ive been using finasteride+minox5% for 6 months had no problems with it whatsoever, alsow nizoral for a month and after a few sheddings and all, it still seems to shed but allot less, i havent noticed any big advance yet. But it hasnt got worse either.
give finasteride a chance, i am . for atleast another 6 month
salud :bravo:

I definitely think my crown has improved by i'm still shedding on my temples, i just hope it regrows! I'm starting to use Nizoral but i'm gonna get either Alpecin or a natural shampoo to use inbetween my doses of Nizoral. I've only been on minoxidil for 2.5months so i guess it's still early days. Hopefully be the end of the 4th month i will have noticed a big improvement.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score

JohnDoe1989

Reaction score

ukmale24 said:
hey man, cheers for replying.
could you define some of the abbreviations like MWF, hair transplant and ED or EOD as I don't know what any of them mean.

I'm just really scared to take finasteride because i don't want to become infertile or permanently impotent like has been reported in some (although very rare) cases.

i have been thinking about the s5 cream, how effective is it compared to finasteride? i just bought nizoral this week and have used it 3 times already as my hair's been itching. i also only use natural shampoos anyway, i have one that contains bilberry extract as it meant to be good for hair growth.

and funny you mention dermovate as i put some on just a couple of hours ago. i got prescribed some from my doctor a few weeks back so i will definitely putting some of that sh*t on more often.

thanks for the feedback dude

1. where is the itching most? at the crown or all over the head?

2. S5 cream has lower effects and could do good things for the front. In the crown it's difficult to apply. The best thing is that there are no sides.

3. If u use minoxidil 2 times a day in the crown u will certainly get a scalp irritation. that sh*t is very good for hair growth but poor for the skin. I use it only in front and had done wonders till now. U should buy some Kirkland Min 5%(cheaper) for the front and use it twice a day. And after like 3-4 hours u should wash it carefully and apply dermovate. But not every day becouse that sh*t is powerfull. Say like every 2-3 days when the skin is red. U could use Triderm or Fluocinolon too.
I use the min on the crown only 4 hours before i wash my hair with nizoral. Controls my scalp's seborrheic irritation.
You will ALWAYS SHED. DON'T BOTHER OVER IT. JUST CHECK IT EVERY 3-4 MONTHS with PICS.

4. U can't get permanent side effect from finasteride (just 1,2 cases in 100.000 - i've read somewhere - and those are not even certainly coused by finasteride), but if u take the usual amounts u WILL have downsides sooner or later. I can sure tell that u will def go much more to the toilet then before becouse the shrinking effects over the prostate. If u decide to hop on the pills consider the first month to go on 0.5mg EOD to see how it goes. If that doesn't work go on 1mg M-W-F. Take it slow to find your proper dose. As i can see u have very thick hair and the male pattern baldness has a slower rate on you. Maybe add some doses of Zinc 50mg + Vit D3 2000ui + some other vitamins(b3,b6,a) and hope that it will not get that bad. Saw palmetoo helps 2. I've heard that even ginseng can do some good.

5. Please just don't go over your head with you're hair becouse it doesn't worth it. Sure, take all actions to prevent it, but don't think about it. The world is a beautifull place whare even the slickest cue ball can have fun and get chicks. I'm sure that most of the guys here could def hit some good looking girls if they would know how to pick them. Not all the girls are superficial ones. Some just want to be loved and respected. The most beautifull girls i had ever met are just normal,natural ones with no excessive makeup and sh*t. I'm sick of divas with faces like my grandma at 30 with high expectation only becouse they have a great but or a D cup and u can't even talk to them about anything than clothes, money and sex. To cheer u up - I have a friend who is a Norwood 7 at 25 and had gotten married with an awesome chick. He's not even healthy. He's just a nice guy.
And if u think about it carefully u should notice u will not be like charlie sheen all life. So what if u get laid with 100 girls. Nobody cares. Not even u after a while, when u will meet the person right for u (or a sexual transmission disease :) ).

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
cheers for the lengthy feedback my friend!

from your post, i finally decided to get some s5 cream, so just waiting on delivery.

itching is about the same on my hairline and on the crown when i get it, it's not every night or anything though.

yeah, thankfully i only use dermovate about every 2 days or so anyway, i think maybe i put a bit too much on, like 3 drops on each section - i'll be sure to put a lot less on next time.

I use nizoral about every 3 days or so, in between that i just a 97% natural shampoo, it's quite gentle so it's all good.

i think i'm definitely not cut out for the side effects of finasteride, i'm seeing small hair growth on my hairline so i think i'd be better off just sticking to my minoxidil for now. and as you mention, saw palmetto, i take that too, and i've just started on milk thistle - i don't know why but i think a good lining of the liver has connections to good hair growth.

trust me, i don't worry about it now as much as i used to! in fact i never worry about it at all but before, i used to have really bad anxiety anyway so seeing hairloss really just killed me, but i'm all good now.

andysutils

Reaction score
Tyler_Durden said:
You won't become infertile or permanently impotent from taking finasteride, I can assure you of that.
That's a pretty bold statement considering you don't know everything about the drug or what the long term effects are.

Johnx

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually I think all the fear of Fins harmful side effects is way too exaggerated. Sure, they exist, but I don't think the drug would be approved if it would be so dangerous and permanent..

A radio interview with a doctor has some smart thoughts about this exact topic.
For some people prolonged use of Aspirin can also cause impotence, smoking too, everybody knows that but nobody's talking about it at the same level as about Finasteride...

andysutils

Reaction score
HairlossFighter said:
Actually I think all the fear of Fins harmful side effects is way too exaggerated. Sure, they exist, but I don't think the drug would be approved if it would be so dangerous and permanent..

A radio interview with a doctor has some smart thoughts about this exact topic.

For some people prolonged use of Aspirin can also cause impotence, smoking too, everybody knows that but nobody's talking about it at the same level as about Finasteride...
I guess so, even if the effects aren't exaggerated, it doesn't really matter because if fina doesn't screw you over, something else in life will and that is inevitable in us all.

Im not trying to take any high ground as I am a steroid user so I cant tell people what to take and what not to but noone can guarantee it doesn't have an impact later on in life, the biggest problem with any drug in life is not whether or not is has any consequences, its the fact that you cant ever prove it when the time comes.

I am very much considering fina myself if ever the time comes for my hair but thankful I still have a treacle thick strong full head of hair right now.