Uknownhairloss's Story - ( 26 / gonna change my lifestyle)

fendertele

Reaction score
Hey ive been on/off commenting on here and basically have been stuck in a rut for years with hairloss and other issues that have stopped me from doing anything with my life.

im 26 now and since i turned 19, ive stopped socializing,having contact with any females in any way and basically just been working and going home and wasting my life, hoping for things to get better and get back to the old me

I have diffuse hairloss and eyebrow loss which all began with dermatitis, whether the loss is dermatits alone or male pattern baldness i dont know and me itching and picking at the flakes didn't help.

i went from 12 stone to 18 stone due to hormonal problems caused my a pituatry tumor, never hit puberty, and had no sex drive and gynecomstia.

i am now being treated for the hormonal thing, and i have lost a lot of wieght not near what i sued to be but an improvement, im also starting get facial hair and my sex drive is on the rise, im left with minor gyno and stretch marks which do get me down quite a bit and also patchy,diffuse hairloss.

mny goal up until now has been to regrow lost hair then sort out my weight with excercise but so far ive been stuck on the hair thing that i never got round to the wieght thing.

im 26 and i want to be the old me again, i want to have a girlfriend and not feel so self concious about myself, im a decent looking guy and have had offers but have turned them down because of my BDD and my morning rituals that i wouldnt want anyone esp a partner to see.

my plan now is

Give up smoking
start excercising and at least get my body looking the way i want it to be
stop being a recluse
get my rock band back together ( split because i was all over the place)
move out of parents home ( was planning it years ago but then lost all drive)
meet a girl and not ruin it with my opwn issues.
keep controlling my dermatitis ( it is really good right now)
and regrow hair ( this is where i need your help )

can you suggest help for regrowth ? i cant take anythng that is hormone altering as my hormones are just now starting to normalize and cant risk throwing them back off.

cant apply anything that may cause irritation to my overly sensitive scalp, things like tricomin and folligen were great for my scalp but not up to anythign as far as regrowth if that helps.

what do you all suggest ?

thanks

cuebald

Reaction score
You got any pics boss? it's pointless suggesting treatments when we don't know if it's male pattern baldness, Telogen Effluvium, or some other form of alopecia as if you take the wrong treatment it may make it worse.
If you have a hormonal problem that inhibited your puberty (and are only now growing facial hair) it would be quite odd for it to be male pattern baldness, as male pattern baldness requires normal androgen levels to take effect. (unless you are very sensitive to male pattern baldness - I'd say this would only be true if all of your family are NW6+)

If you do have male pattern baldness and not some other alopecia, then your only option is to inhibit DHT by using finasteride or dutasteride. If not, then you will need to go out and buy a nice hat. (you can try the topical versions but they don't seem to be that effective from what I can see).