Underdog's Story (24 receeding temples)

underdog85

Reaction score
Hi I'm 24 years old.

Hairloss was driving me crazy over the summer and I never thought it could impact me this way. I have pretty long hair usually. When I was 22 I realized that my temples were receding and started using Rogaine casually. Only until last summer did I decide to take Propecia. It made me go crazy when I thought the medication was making it worse. Thanks to HairLossTalk.com I discovered that shedding was normal. MY SHED WAS INSANE! I couldn't even touch my head without hairs coming off in dozens. I cut it to a medium length and realized my styling options were pretty limited as I couldn't part my hair in a way that hides my temples anymore. I hated the nerdy new haircut so I lost it the day after and took my electric beard trimmer to my hairline. It didn't work out to well so I returned back to the barber to have her finish the job less than 24 hours later lol. Poor lady must've been flattered.

I've been on the Big 3 for the last 6 months and have noticed thickening in the front but my temples only have peach fuzz growing on them right now. My family says my hair is becoming really THICK "like a carpet" and DARK. My hair is usually brown and is pitch black now. I've been pretty insecure with my appearance overall. I guess I just can't tell whether the new look suits me or not. It makes things worse cause I was hoping a shaved / buzzed head would suit me like some people I see on the streets or on TV. I've been OCD with this site and checking for the latest developments in HM etc. On the bright side, I'm still receiving attention from girls which is good but I'm always thinking that the future is not going to be so bright when the hair just gets worse. Unless of course Santa reads my Christmas list and lights a fire under Histogen's a**!

A few questions

1) Is there a way to hide recession at the temples with dermmatch or another product?
2) Does the shaved look suit me at all? If not how would you go about growing the hair back to its original length. The middle stage is just unbearable

Thanks..