unnormal shedding..

andyhairhelp

Reaction score
I just started using finpecia for 10 day and have experiences alot of shedding.
Is this normal? everytime i run my finger through my hair i always see hairs falling out.

regime
nizoral 1%
rogaine 5%
finpecia 1mg

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
yes i got thin all over NW4.5~5 and i am staying with my regime over 1and half year still shedding on hair........

Kaze

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry bro. if your experiencing thinning 10 dAys i. your effed. speaking frim experience your in for shedding as lomg as you stay on. ive bern on 10 months and the sedding hasnt slowed one bit. dont say no one waened you. thr others that gwt shedding dont experience it until the 2nd month.

andyhairhelp

Reaction score
SO is this normal because i only been on finasteride for 10 days, anyone else have shedding this early on finasteride???? should i go off finasteride. or stick with it.

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
what Norwood scale you are and dont panic drive through your regime with shave head will down anxiety ..good luck and take some pictures will help you to stay or quit.

just shave your head now .

andyhairhelp

Reaction score
I'm new to this, what does Norwood mean? and anyone have shedding this early on finasteride?? Shaving my head is not an option for me i look bad with no hair.

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
hey buddy dont think like that if you are not shaving your head eventually you go bald and life full of bald looks ugly so just think and and shave your head.

Norwood is a scale for measuring baldness.

shedding after your medic is good sign for regrowth.

Kaze

Established Member
Reaction score
Most people that experience shedding dont get it until two months or later. I experienced inflamed scalp at around 3 days on it. I started shedding rapidly and never regrew it.

Ive been on propecia 10 months and it has continously thinning.

If you do you research most people thin only after at least 2 months. The people that start thinning immediately dont ever regrow the hair. Sorry bud. i recommend you quit immediately and check how your hair loss changes in a month. Switch to topical blockers that dont influence your internal androgen levels.

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
finasteride won't make you shed after 10 days. The hair that has been affected by male pattern baldness will fall out in 2-3 months. So the hais that is falling out now began the journey to fall out 2-3 months ago. finasteride is not causing your shed.

However, if you see an increase in shedding in ~2months then it will be the finasteride. Try out finasteride for 3-6 months and see how your hair is. Maybe you need to add minoxidil.

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
i think i have to explaine briefly to all

just remember after 3 months if you are hair getting darker the thing is working on you oterwise you have to increase your doasage to fight against aggressive dht.

first of all you have to analyze your gene Norwood scale like your father side and mother side how are they and what Norwood scale they are .

my father(60 age) still in NW3 and my brother(28 age) went NW7.but after 27 age he got no more shine head and slight regrowth with no medic so i ask to take finasteride or dutast to see better result but he refused and taking only per week 2 mg finasteride or 4mg .even though he is in tiny amount of finasteride his regrowth was moderate and from NW7 he gone to NW5.5 he is afraid of side affects and still he is taking finasteride for week like 2mg or 4mg.
but now i am in 23 age with NW2~3 started at april 2008 with finasteride 1mg from 2007 i got oily head more sebum and thinning from NW2~NW3 but after finasteride within 3 month i've seen dark hair but still shedding after given try to i got more shedding ever before but after 15 month with confusion in finasteride and dutas my scalp feel great in the sense no regrowth but my scalp when i was 2007 looks like oldman skin now got peeling from march 2009.now still shedding in a constant way....so just think take correct decision do not give up..

in human life waiting and be a patience is hard and its worth when you stand upto last, to see a sunrise

andyhairhelp

Reaction score
I forgot to add that i stopped taking a multivitamin when i started taking finasteride.. and currently doing the low carbs diet for the last 2 month (lost 15lb). Could this be the reason for my shedding??

Kaze

Established Member
Reaction score
By your first post it sounded like your shedding increased by like 10x after starting finpecia. Did it increase when you started or has it been at the same rate as before you started finasteride? If it increased when starting the meds it prolly has nothing to do with your diet change.

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
andyhairhelp said:
I forgot to add that i stopped taking a multivitamin when i started taking finasteride.. and currently doing the low carbs diet for the last 2 month (lost 15lb). Could this be the reason for my shedding??

No. male pattern baldness is genetically inherited. You're shedding b/c you have genetically inherited the fact that your hair is very sensitive to DHT, thus male pattern baldness is in your genes no matter what vitamins you take or what kind of diet you're on.

You ever see homeless people with perfect NW1s. I can assure you they drink too much, are malnourised and do not have the greatest hygiene.