Untalented's Story - Seeking Advice

Untalented

Reaction score
Hello all,

Since I was around 19/20 I noticed that the hair when I cut it short was slightly thinner in the center/frontal area of my head, but never paid much mind to it. My mothers side family all has thin hair, but not balding. However, I do not know much about my fathers side, except my mom tells me that he wasn't balding.

In any case I'm 24 now and a few friends have told me it looks like I may be getting a bald spot. It also appears as though my hairline in the corners is receding. I'm a little worried and wanted to hit this before it's too late. I don't seem to feel like I'm losing a lot of hair either (not that I notice anyways). If I run my hand through my hair I may see 1 or 2 hairs, but that's it.

I started reading and wanted to know if you all recommend me take the usual regimen I see a lot on:
- Propecia
- Minoxidil
- Nizorol

I'm a little worried about using Propecia because I've read that it can cause permanent erectile dysfunction. Also a little worried about having to use something like this forever and what effects it may have on my body over time.

Here are some pictures I took. Please let me know if you think I'm fine or should get started on something. The area I'm mainly concerned about you see best when my hair is dry and you see a small patch were you can see my scalp. The other areas are the corners of my forehead where it looks like the hair is thinning.

Gel'd
p8110937.jpg

Out from Shower
p8120954.jpg

p8120955.jpg

p8120956.jpg

After Drying
p8120960.jpg

p8120961.jpg

p8120962.jpg

p8120967.jpg

Also I found this on drugstore.com. The Proscar is more expensive then the Finasteride. Are either of these okay and just breakup into 4 pieces?

http://www.drugstore.com/qxn00006007258_333181_sespider/proscar/proscar.htm

Thanks

breadnbutter

Reaction score
At least get on nizoral if you don't want to get on meds, it should make your hair look thicker.

infamous

Reaction score
Untalented said:
Okay I guess I will try this. What do you think from the pictures?

i think it's not too bad, because ur hair color is light, and it's unnoticable that u're balding.

rotsen182

Reaction score
i see no hair loss at all, as u were told already u can try keto shampoo so your hair will be thicker al healthier

qball

Reaction score
Without baseline photographs it is difficult to be definite. To me you look like you are balding and receding. If you want to really know the answer go and see a dermatologist who will do a miniaturization study on you. Good luck.