Update: Propecia month 4

misterium

Reaction score
Hi,

So I'm well into my 4th month on Propecia. I have a thinning crown/vertex area.. hairline in fine shape.

Zero side effects.

Anyway, the areas that were itching the most there in the back, seem to be staying in more strong.. they do, however, seem more 'wirey' and 'unhealthy' than the hairs on the rest of my head/sides. I can see a noticable difference in the amount of hair I am shedding in the shower, not a good way to gauge I know, but there is less hair falling out. :)

This leads me to believe Propecia is working for me, and that the 'bad hairs' there on the crown/vertex are starting to fall out and go into a shed cycle... I caught my hairloss early (I'm 27 on Monday), during the first noticable signs of thinning, about half a year ago.. tried minoxidil for 4 bottles worth, irritated me, so I stopped. I'm not sure if that caused a shed, doubtful. I'm not sure if my scalp is still 'recovering' from that chemical, or if my current itch is from Propecia shed, either way I've tamed the itch with emu oil and quality hair care products.

I use Folligen on occassion, which caused an itch, so I cut back. Now I use emu oil, good gentle shampoo/conditioners, and Propecia 1x daily, I take MSM, and L-Arginine, healthy sex drive too. :p

I think the crown WILL GROW back again after awhile, the hair seems to 'want' to be healthy again. I switched from conditioning pomade (wax free w/ lanolin & coconut oil), to slick back my hair.. instead of using gel... so I think that will take away the dryness in that area quite a bit.

Anyway, I think things are going to be good for me.. I mean there is some obvious thinning on my crown, people can see it... no real big spots though, just thinner hair... I think I can get Propecia to work for me after a year or so ;)

marsbtchsx

Established Member
Reaction score
im a week to the month 4 mark on propecia.....i got pretty much the same story except im guessing that i have a bit more diffuse thinning around the whole head and up my left side....the hairline has not receeded....i have noticed a drop in shed also hopefully its a good sign and hopefully my crown and left side will get some regrowth or at least start growing healthy hair again

fallout

Reaction score
I also just reached the 4 month mark. I've never been a shedder with any treatment, whether successful or not. Absolutely no side effects. I'm also using 5% minoxidil after having been successful with 2% in the past. I was off the minoxidil from early 2002 to summer of 2004. Daily loss seems to have decreased.