Update Propecia - start of 7th month

jfrank

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I dont know what to do anymore.. Just started my 7th month on propecia... I never receovered from my initial two week propecia shed where my perfect hairline went to NW3.. Since then, my hair has gotten progressively worse.. I did have a period where i was losing a lot less hair, but that didnt last for long.. I'm difusely shedding bigtime again.. Hair looks like sh*t... i mean, looks really bad...

I am still hoping for a miracle and wont freak out before i hit the 12 month mark... but i dont think its going to happen.

I have a new GF that i love.. and i know she will be ok with my hair... but i dont think i will be.... its going to hurt bad....

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
dont worry guys, he's just another one of those 1 out of 10 people who propecia didnt work for.

right???

jfrank

Established Member
Reaction score
dude, if you dont have anything productive to say, dont say anything at all...

87david

Established Member
Reaction score
Ha Ha, that's a good one fallicule...I can't remember all the posts that I read that are pretty negative towards propecia. Since I'm thinking of trying it, I'm trying to remain optimistic. But hang in there jfrank; I hope it eventually works for you.

jfrank

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks david... I'm just giving an honest account of my experience... OBviously since I am still on it, i am giving it an honest chance...

You should also realize that most people who post are UNHAPPY about thier treatment... those who have success typically dont come to this site..

thats why people like fallicule should keep thier mouths shut! people need to know the full story before they make a decision..

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
haha. i'm not insulting you. or at least i'm not trying to.

if i'm being negative, i'm being negative.

my position is i can't imagine that propecia works for 9 out of 10 people. not doubting that it works, just wholeheartedly believe that the claim that 9 out of 10 people regrow or maintain hair is bullshit. again, my opinion.

jfrank

Established Member
Reaction score
i guess i missunderstood you man... sorry.. I've had bad luck with propecia thus far, but i tried to keep my comments to myelf the last few months..

but it doesnt make sense why i would lose so much hair from propecia so far.. maybe i did have Telogen Effluvium.. how knows..

doubleplay

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm about to hit the 7th month mark myself and I can honestly say my hair is the worst it's ever been. I have taken finasteride religiously 1.25mg/day and nizoral 3X week. At baseline, I was diffusing, but only noticeable to someone if they were to examine me. Now it is obvious as ever, hair at least 20% worse.

And no I'm not one of those "people who just signed up after poor results otherwise you wouldn't have heard from them" types. You can see from my start date on the site I looked around for a few months or so, researched, and started what everyone said to start, and this is where I'm at now.

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
ok...that sounds like me.. got a bad shed at 2 weeks (10 days to be exact) of treatment and i dont think i'll be recovering from it either. then again i'm at the 3 month mark. propecia working for 9/10 people is bullshit. my hair has gotten worse, my shed has not ended, starting month 4 in a few days. my temples keep receding despite the finasteride.

is it possible for follicles to go dormant within just one hair cycle?..cause its been three months and absolutely no signs of regrowth. actually..i've never ever seen regrowth throughout this time. not even a vellus hair so i was wondering if all i the follicles that shed hair on treatment have suffered follicle death.

Dick Hyman

Reaction score
my God, this is one of a million posts like this on this site. This is EXACTLY why I will never try this drug. The only thing I've read about this drug is horror stories like this where hair got worse. Not to mention the side effects.

JFrank I'm not sure why you've stayed on this drug so long. IF you've been shedding past 3 months or 4 months, why didn't you quit then? ISn't that a fair indication that you are npot responding well to treatment? I would visit your derm and get some professional advice.

Has anyone else here dealt with a 5+ month continued shed and ULTIMATELY SEEN GOOD REULTS BY THE 1 YEAR MARK?

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
6 months is too early. give it one year minimum to analyze.
Also, take pictures.

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
MY HAIR IS THICK AS HELL AND GROWING ON MY TEMPLES AND CROWN IS THICKENING UP LIKE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE FINASTERIDE!!!!!!!!!!!