usa internet blacklist

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
such vindictive action is simply damaging to the internet providers and websites as a whole

technically if this bill passes i could get HairLossTalk.com shut down (or just banned from here) for posting links to the pirate bay

the internet was built on free speech and anonymity and i have seen both decay gradually over the last 15 years
SOPAinfographic.png

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
cassin said:
It will never happen.

Perhaps not in one fell swoop but I think it may be carried out in subtle stages!

ISPs already have filters in place, they filter out extreme p**rn, pedophilia sites, terrorists sites, etc.

I do believe the filtering will get worse.

Look at the French, they can no longer use p2p networks.

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
We must fight! :smack:

Seriously it's greatly in the interest of the powers that be to stop us freely communicating with one another. I have no doubt they are right on it.

The french usually revolt against things, I'm suprised to hear that!

Well, I'm not sure where I stand on this one.

I'm not against filters, the only question is, where do we draw the line?

Today we ban any site that supports terrorists, tomorrow any state that doesn't condone homosexuality might ban gay sites.. What's the difference?

Your terrorist is someone else's freedom fighter and they can claim that their right for free speech is being restricted.

Cassin

Reaction score
I have conflicting feelings.

On one hand people who produce content should be helpless to people who justify theft of their product...

On the other hands I have serious misgivings about trust those who would preside over this.