Use scalp hair, not body hair, as a last resort:

CCS

Reaction score
Everyone says BHT is a last resort, and that we should start with scalp hair. That is because 99% of docs don't know how to do it right, Dr Cole self admittedly. They all say it is experimental still. Just a few have got it down.

Well I want to keep my sides thick. Fact is even if you redistribute everything to NW1 you still won't look 20 if your hair is thin. Or at least not sexy hair.

Only a few docs can do BHT. The rest say it is experimental with unpredictable results, often with a pubic look. The technology is advancing fast, and a few docs are using 25 gauge needles and can extract follicles from dark skin with invisible scars. The hair grows out to full scalp length and thickness. Or so I've heard.

If you think you might get really bald, don't get laser hair removal yet. If you want thick sides, do some serious research into BHT.

My sides are still decently thick. But I wish I could have had BHT instead. However, BHT was not advanced 3-5 years ago. I know that having a decent hairline has drammatically helped my self esteem. Not sure how I would have faired had I kept my NW4a and waited for BHT. But you guys getting hair transplant's now should really look into it. The technology is coming out. The docs who can't give a dense NW1 from NW7 often just can't do BHT right, or the guy had very little body hair. My calves should be plenty for my NW4 area. I got my neck beard as a backup since laser is not removing it.

CCS

Reaction score
I have not had BHT done, so I'm no authority. But I've read and seen really good stuff from Dr. Arvind Poswal in India. I think he has it down. But do your own research and post it here. Dr Umar uses 25 gauge needles. Not sure how good he is, but he is in California and my second choice. Then there is a Doctor in Istanbul who does 3000 BHT for $4500. I don't know how good he is though since his site is not in english. Pics look good, but I don't know if they are BHT or scalp FUE. That price is very tempting, but I'll probably go with Dr A to be safe. It seems like all the best BHT docs are from that part of the world.

s.a.f

Reaction score
CCS said:
Everyone says BHT is a last resort, and that we should start with scalp hair. That is because 99% of docs don't know how to do it right, Dr Cole self admittedly. They all say it is experimental still. Just a few have got it down.
Crazy idea, :shakehead: have you ever seen someone with a head full of bodyhair?

CCS said:
Well I want to keep my sides thick. Fact is even if you redistribute everything to NW1 you still won't look 20 if your hair is thin. Or at least not sexy hair.
No you wont look 20 unless you ARE 20. :roll:

CCS said:
Only a few docs can do BHT. The rest say it is experimental with unpredictable results, often with a pubic look. The technology is advancing fast, and a few docs are using 25 gauge needles and can extract follicles from dark skin with invisible scars. The hair grows out to full scalp length and thickness. Or so I've heard.

If you think you might get really bald, don't get laser hair removal yet. If you want thick sides, do some serious research into BHT.

"Or so i've heard" being the prominent point to bear in mind here. And anyway no one else is thinking about getting Laser hair removal.
:smack:

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
The hair grows out to full scalp length and thickness. Or so I've heard.

Where did you get this information? Dr. A told me transplanted body hair retained their original characteristics. Thats why I chose to go ahead with the thick beard hair instead of wispy body hair. He has listed the guidelines for bht on hairsite. I think you should read them.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Body hair does not change characteristics when you put it on your head that is impossible. :roll: The hair follicle cant change itself just because it gets relocated.

Thats like saying if you take an apple tree from an apple orchard and plant it in the middle of a pear tree orchard it will suddenly start growing pears not apples.

This is just bullshit promoted by dodgy surgeons to try and get more patients.

CCS

Reaction score
I just got that from seeing pics of someone's belly hair transplanted to their scalp. It looked like it was 3 inches long. That was why I assumed it just grows out like that. Though I did read a few other places saying so.

That's annying. Well, my calve hairs still are pretty thick, though not as thick as my head hair yet. They are only 1/2 way grown out. If they are that short, I might have to use head hair for the top, and body hair down the donor holes for the sides, and in the temples. That will be more expensive.

OK, so the next question is the survivability of FUE and such.