usernameb's story - ( age 21 thinning of crown)

usernamebarley

Reaction score
Hi, I'm an asian and my hair whorl has been bothering me for some time.

Will need advise from people here on the condition of my hair.

Also, how long does it takes traction alopecia to set in because I suspect that I may have pulled my hair out of place when I was younger, age 14-18, year 2002-2006.

I used to be very rough with the comb and hot hair dryer especially when the hair is hard with gel and do side parting although once or twice in a month, I will change hairstyle though.

my parting used to be from the whorl to the right temple.
The temple of the side parting on the right is slightly higher than on the left and the hair on the right looks and feels thinner (looks like vellus hair/ miniaturized hairs).

my whorl happens to be on the right as well and the hair front of the whorl looks lesser and I read from Baldingblog that MBP begins just in front of the whorl.

would u guys say that bald patch in front of the whorl is normal or is it due to some problems like MBP/ traction alopecia?

what are the chances of my thinning hair on the right (temporal area) be due to my parting in the past?

August 2005

Feb 2008

May 2008

Feb 2008

right

left

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 21 (suspected receding hairline and thinning of crown)

It's still to early to tell, it could be slight thinning but then I've seen heaps of people with a crown like that. Do you have any family history of male pattern baldness?

usernamebarley

Reaction score

my mother seems to have slight thinning at her parting but when she changes her parting, her hair seems full.

as for family members, none are having hairloss issues. maybe mature hairline thats all?

how does mature hairline works for asian?
I'm concern about my hairline as well, what do you say of my hairline?

thanks!

astros148

Established Member
Reaction score

most of my azn friends have that too , you're fine.

tooyoungforthiscrap

Established Member
Reaction score
Hairline looks good man, the crown IS thinning a little though.

I started getting that spiral thinning when I was like 17, at 19 my spiral is a lot thinner.

It may just be how your hair is, but I'd say take pictures of it every month and if it starts growing or any other parts of your hair start thinning hop on some treatments. :punk: