Using DermMatch/concealers on a (1 guard) shaved head?

G

Would this look weird, or can it be done?

Would it look strange not seeing "much" scalp

Anyone tried it before?

Cheers.

asolof

Established Member
Reaction score
Gunner,

Help me out here. I asked the question before, but no one answered. Can you explain the number system on the clippers. Perhaps translate the number into the approximate hair length of the resulting cut:

1 guard = ? inches of resulting hair length.

2 guard =

3 guard =

G

asolof said:
Gunner,

Help me out here. I asked the question before, but no one answered. Can you explain the number system on the clippers. Perhaps translate the number into the approximate hair length of the resulting cut:

1 guard = ? inches of resulting hair length.

2 guard =

3 guard =

Americans use the term "Guard"

We (here in UK) use the term "Grade"

Grade/guard 1 is just above a "skin head". The lowest guard on the clippers is obviously the 1 guard. Like I say, it's just above a skin head.

It's about 2 millimetres of hair (if that!).

Grade 2, is just above this. Probably about 3/4 millimetres.

It goes up gradually.

Here is my shaved head (1 guard) from today.

Btw, I have a bit of dermatch in the photo.

a133.jpg

7f17.jpg

Try this and the previous one.....

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gooner_yddo/detail?.dir=7ed2&.dnm=a133.jpg

asolof

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Gunner. So approximately 1.5 mm / grade (guard) . Damn that's short!

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
That IS short. From the pic, gunner, it looks like you are in good shape. Like what my hair looked like when I first buzzed my head, although you have signs of some receding at the temples.
I think it might look kinda weird to use a concealer on such short hair. No one in the world could conceal their scalp with hair so short. It might look unnatural.... BUT... you should try it and see anyway. I could be completely wrong, it might look good. From what I see in the pic, however, I think it looks fine as is.