Using Mane 'n Tail shampoo is causing profuse shedding suddenly

ajbrah

Reaction score
Hi,

I was using an SLS-free shampoo for months but finally ran out and switched to Mane 'n Tail. I never had shedding before but all of a sudden I'm getting a lot, especially right after using the shampoo. Hair also seems dry and crappy. Could it be the SFS itself or something in the Mane 'n Tail? Should I switch back to an SLS-free shampoo?

Mane n' Tail shampoo ingredients:
Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Cocamide MEA, Glycol Distearate, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Hydrolyzed Collagen, Citric Acid, Methylchlorisothiazolinone/Methylisothiazolinone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was using an SFS-free shampoo for months but finally ran out and switched to Mane 'n Tail. I never had shedding before but all of a sudden I'm getting a lot, especially right after using the shampoo. Hair also seems dry and crappy. Could it be the SFS itself or something in the Mane 'n Tail? Should I switch back to an SFS-free shampoo?

Mane n' Tail shampoo ingredients:
Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Cocamide MEA, Glycol Distearate, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Hydrolyzed Collagen, Citric Acid, Methylchlorisothiazolinone/Methylisothiazolinone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional

Stop using it

ajbrah

Reaction score
I am switching away from it, for sure. I was just wondering what could have caused the shedding. I also experienced a lot of shedding on an equally drying SLS shampoo brand, VO5, but thought Mane 'n Tail would be of considerably higher quality.