Using RU Should I add minoxidil, finasteride,dutasteride?

thinincrown

Established Member
Reaction score
Its been exactly a year since I started RU. I haven't lost any hair which is great, but I haven't really seen much of an improvement w/ the vellus hair in my crown..

When I was on the big 3 my hair went nuts, got thicker and longer. Redicuous results...then results started to fade after about 8 years ...after looking back I wonder if I had received some bogus finasteride since the results started to fade over a 6 mth. period...dunno

Anyway, while at 48 I'm pretty happy with the amount of hair I have, I just wonder if adding minoxidil, or low doses of finasteride or dutasteride would help my existing hair get thicker and long.

Anybody had better results on RU after adding in minoxidil, or low dose dutasteride or finasteride?

thanks fellas

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
lakota said:
Its been exactly a year since I started RU. I haven't lost any hair which is great, but I haven't really seen much of an improvement w/ the vellus hair in my crown..

When I was on the big 3 my hair went nuts, got thicker and longer. Redicuous results...then results started to fade after about 8 years ...after looking back I wonder if I had received some bogus finasteride since the results started to fade over a 6 mth. period...dunno

Anyway, while at 48 I'm pretty happy with the amount of hair I have, I just wonder if adding minoxidil, or low doses of finasteride or dutasteride would help my existing hair get thicker and long.

Anybody had better results on RU after adding in minoxidil, or low dose dutasteride or finasteride?

thanks fellas

In theory minoxidil should give your hair a boost beyond just RU, if you want more growth and are happy using minoxidil that would be the way to go.

finasteride or dutasteride would be more like double bagging the defence from DHT, probably not worth the risk of additional sides, if you're already holding steady.

Just an opinion mind.

TheInvincible

Reaction score
I just want to say great results! :punk:
and if you didn't have side effects on big 3, I think you cannot lose anything (but money) if you add minoxidil again.
I, for example, have a similar situation although I have seen slightly worse results on big 3 after 3 years, not 8 and I didn't stop it, just added RU with no side-effects.

thinincrown

Established Member
Reaction score
cool, thanks fellas...I also have been using Adenogen for 3 months which apparently has a similar mode of action to minoxidil.

BUT I have come to realize after having zero itching/flakes that it is the best anti-inflammatory that I have ever used.

I may give it another 3 months and then add in some minoxidil foam.

thinincrown

Established Member
Reaction score
TheInvincible said:
I just want to say great results! :punk:
and if you didn't have side effects on big 3, I think you cannot lose anything (but money) if you add minoxidil again.
I, for example, have a similar situation although I have seen slightly worse results on big 3 after 3 years, not 8 and I didn't stop it, just added RU with no side-effects.

hopefully the RU helps kick in the big 3 a little for you. While I didnt think at the time I really had much in the way of sides on finasteride, once I stopped my sex drive went through the roof, along with better "wood" and much more ejac.

But I never experience depression or brain fog on finasteride, thankfully....