VASALGEL UPDATE

Reaction score
Earlier this year I wrote a post about RISUG (US brand name Vasalgel), a reversible injectable male contraceptive that also supposedly cured hair loss. Under that post, someone commented that the reason it cured hair loss was because of finasteride also being injected along with the actual contraceptive polymer. None of the articles on RISUG seemed to say that the hair loss benefits were due to finasteride, but it made sense.
This month, news just came out that Vasalgel was likely to become available in the US by 2017 after successful results in highly promiscuous baboons. I doubt that they will also inject finasteride with it, but you never know, and maybe doctors will be open to doing the combo treatment on some patients. I wonder if finasteride will be more successful when delivered this way than via pill or topical form?

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Earlier this year I wrote a post about RISUG (US brand name Vasalgel), a reversible injectable male contraceptive that also supposedly cured hair loss. Under that post, someone commented that the reason it cured hair loss was because of finasteride also being injected along with the actual contraceptive polymer. None of the articles on RISUG seemed to say that the hair loss benefits were due to finasteride, but it made sense.
This month, news just came out that Vasalgel was likely to become available in the US by 2017 after successful results in highly promiscuous baboons. I doubt that they will also inject finasteride with it, but you never know, and maybe doctors will be open to doing the combo treatment on some patients. I wonder if finasteride will be more successful when delivered this way than via pill or topical form?

I suggest next time you copy and paste, that you rightClick->paste plain text.

- - - Updated - - -

I suggest next time you copy and paste, that you rightClick->paste plain text.