Velous hairs around temples

G

Been on finasteride for about 3 months now and I just had a real close look at my temples and I can see small velous hairs at each side. I never really looked before. They seem quite long as well.

What should I expect if I can see these velous hairs. Will they grow into terminal hairs or just stay as they are. It really is very promising.

If anyone has experienced the same thing then it would be good to hear what happened.

Deaner

Reaction score
Been on finasteride almost a month, these began about 2 weeks in, they're turning black and getting long in a real hurry.

G

Ive been on finasteride (Proscar) for about three months now and some of the vellus hairs in the temple area have darkened a little but havent gotten that much longer.Ive also been noticing that more vellus hairs have been growing around the hairline where i lost alot of hair.I can see two hairs in a thinned out area where veullus hairs have thickened and have grown to a normal sized hair.With time i hope these vellus hairs become healthy and grow out normal...

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had a guy tell me it took five years! but his vellus hairs did return to normal and thus his hairline returned .

gunsunkum

Reaction score
I am in a predicament too. I donno what to name it, "progress?". I noticed some sprouts too just recently and was pretty excited. I hope it is a good sign.

G

Another good thing is that I don't think my hair has got any worse. My crown area seems to have improved. I was never bald there but I could see the first signs of thinning. Let's hope for the best.