Very Unique situation!!

ROKbaldie

Reaction score
So i'm 23 and been balding since i 18 i guess i didn't really notice till i was 20 and didn't have the breakdown till 21, anyways i have a very unique situation:

I would guess i'm heading towards a Norwood 6 currently a Norwood 2/3 i wear my hair very short and just shave it every two or three days with a trimmer with no guard, sounds simple enough but the problem is i have a irregular shaped head i have scars from a surgery from when i was born and left me with two indentations and one large scar so currently with the balding hair and my scars it looks less that ideal, further more i have spend money on correcting some of the scars about 2000 $ and still no satisfied with how it looks, so my questions is this:

I wear my hair short so would it be possible to get a hair transplant and it look decent buzzing the hair? i would like to lower the hair line but i don't want to wear my hair long at all just the same it is now, no longer than a one at the most, so would it be possible or do hair transplants only have good results with long hair? also heading towards a NW6 and i'm young so that is going against me so....should i spend the money on the hair transplant or correcting the scars further?

any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated!!

s.a.f

Reaction score
Firstly you should be concerned about limiting your hairloss progression, are you on propecia?

ROKbaldie

Reaction score
no i used to be i was during college now i'm in South Korea for work and i don't think i can get a prescription for it over here, i'm only on rogaine right now

Hiker

Established Member
Reaction score
If you're losing hair at 18, there's probably a good chance you will be a NW7. If you have a consult with a hair transplant doctor, you should definitely consider FUE surgery as well as strip, and go outside Korea for the work.

s.a.f

Reaction score
You should'nt get a hair transplant until you are sure that you've stopped the hairloss.