Victor - 24 year old, from Brazil

lazor

Reaction score
Call me Victor.

My hairline has been receding at least since I turned 15.

When I was 20, I started to see a trichologist regularly by the name of José Marcos Pereira, a reference from my former psychiatrist.

Dr. Pereira pulled a few hairs out of my scalp and evaluated them in a trichogram. The exam showed that a significant percentage of my hair was in the telogen phase and/or was distrophic, which meant I was losing hair. The doctor said I had lost 10% of my scalp, and prescribed a shampoo and a daily after-shower lotion, both of which could be manufactured by a pharmacy of his confidence.

The formulas thereof were the following:

Shampoo: Texapon TB 120ml/ Propilenoglicol 40ml/ Distilled water 40ml
Lotion: Adenosine 0.75g / Spironolactone 1%/ Alcoholic lotion 70th in an amount sufficient for 100ml

After six months of duly application of these components, the trichogram examination was redone. The percentage of telogen and distrophic hairs had been reduced significantly, though they didn't reach zero. The doctor said these were healthy levels of telogen and distrophic hairs, and, as long as they retained that value, I wouldn't be losing anymore hair.

From three to three months from that date on, I would visit the doctor again. The doctor would then look at my scalp again with the aid of a camera and would look for empty hair follicles, which could signalise permanent hair loss. As there seldom were some, the doctor would turn to me and said everything was ok. After all, the hair seemed to be thickening up.

I am now a 24-year old man. I don't have any photos to draw conclusions, but my hairline doesn't seem to have changed since that date when the trichogram exam was repeated. However, Dr. Pereira unfortunately passed away halfway through last year, and I have been looking for an other trichologist since then. I am determined to find the best in Brazil.

Also, I have been thinking about getting a hair transplant. My friends say my hairline is ok, but I disagree.

Brazil has only one surgeon listed on Hair Transplant Network, Mr. Arthur Tycocinski. I plan on asking him to revert the hairline to what it would be had I treated it since the loss began.

14.jpghairline3.jpgBalding.jpgbalding 2.jpg

The former two pictures depict me when I was 15 and 16, respectively. The latter two, me as of today.

Based on this case, I would like answers to the following questions:

1. In which degree of the Norwood Scale am I?
  2. In case you know a few trichologists in Brazil, who should be my next doctor?
  3. Should I get a Hair Transplant?
Any commentaries on other issues are also appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, the pictures aren't showing up. What should I do for them to appear as images, not links?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair loss isn't bad dude you're like a Norwood 2. You don't need a hair transplant just yet try Finasteride.

lazor

Reaction score
Why Finasteride? Is it going to replace my frontal loss?

What about sexual side effects?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why Finasteride? Is it going to replace my frontal loss?

What about sexual side effects?

Because it is FDA approved and will stop (or at least slow down) your hair loss. You might possibly see regrowth on the temples but it's kind of uncommon.