Vinyard's Story V2 (18)

Vinyard

Reaction score
Hello.

I made a thread a few weeks ago but I decided to make a new one, with more and better pictures. Now, here's the thing. My hairline has been receding since I was 16. I noticed my hairline loss when I was about 17 and a half. Very devastating. I have seven uncles on my mother's side and all of them are NW3 - NW5. I have one uncle on my dads side and he suffer from no hairloss and he's about 44 - 45. My cousins don't have hairloss and they're about 21 - 23 years old. I have one cousin though, and he's a Norwood 1.5 at the age of 25. My brother and my dad started receding at the age of 21 and my dad is now 50 years and a NW5 - NW6. My brother has stopped his hairloss for a few years and now he's probably NW2.75. I'm a little bit more than NW2 and I just noticed EXTREMELY LOW DENSITY at the back of my hairline. I'm heading towards NW3, you can count on that.

Now... nothing in my family history points towards premature hairloss. Remember... I started at 16. A LOT earlier than everybody else. I'm turning 18 years in 4 days and I'm jumping on a treatment soon. Also... I have a very high testosterone level. I've been jerking off once a day on average since I was 13 and I have body hairs all over my upper body. I even have hair on my upper arms. I've been drinking energy drinks for at least 6 years now and I can drink up to 5 cans a week. During this period I rarely drank water. It was like one glass of water once a day, some days without water, and as we all know energy drinks dehydrate your body and let's not forget that I did NOTHING to hydrate myself again. I think this might have had an impact on my hair. I've limited it to one energy drink a week now which isn't that bad really. What do you recommend for me? You can take a look at some pictures here: http://img821.imageshack.us/g/pic0085.jpg/

What treatment do you recommend for me? I'm not looking for a perfect hairline. I'm not that naive. All I'm really hoping for is no more excessive shedding, stopping hairloss and thicker/stronger hair with more density. I also have some extremely small hairs on my bald spots, they are so small that you can barely see them but they are there. I also hope to improve hair line just a little bit because there are plenty of small hairs on my hairline, a third of an inch long.

RSR38

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty good right now. I'd agree NW2, but you are not diffuse at all which is good. For 18, the hairline is a bit receded, but it could be much worse. You have caught it in time to act and save the hair you have and PROBABLY reverse some miniaturization and thicken up the fine hairs on your hairline. Another bright spot is that you have GREAT SKIN. I've noticed that a lot of young male pattern baldness sufferers seem to have bad acne as well. You look good and I think you should talk to a derm about Finasteride. There are going to be grumpy people who are bald that will tell you to do nothing, but if you wait it out, you will likely lose more hair and have less chance to keeep or improve your hair. I think you should try Finasteride for 6 months and then consider adding Minoxidil. I think since you have caught it with time to spare, you should try finasteride first and evaluate the efficacy before adding minoxidil. You could definitely add Nizoral shampoo now as well. Good Luck! You should do fine and if you hold on to your hair now, there are better treatments on the way in 3-10 years,

Vinyard

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer. I'm definitely going for Proscar because it's cheap and basically the same as Propecia. I don't give a rats *** about the side effects. I'd go crazy if I would get permanent side effects but God doesn't hate me that much. Rogaine is pretty expensive so it might be good to go for finasteride first to see how things work out. I'm also buying Ketoconazole because I don't think I can buy Nizoral at my local pharmacy. Is it the same product? I think I'm starting with 1 mg finasteride every day, I will experiment though to see what's best for me.

Vinyard

Reaction score
Alright people! I just turned 18 years and you know what that means right? FINASTERIDE! I have some much faith in this and I expect stronger, healthier and thicker hair. I also expect more density and regrowth. That's how much faith I have in finasteride. I couldn't care less about the side effects. I have a lot of small thin hairs on my hairline and on my bald spots so you know what... I really believe in a hairline improvement. Maybe not a perfect hairline but hey, I know I will have improvement on my hairline, I can feel it.

So today I called and booked an appointment with a doctor. Nov. 3 is the date for my appointment and it's going to cost me 20 bucks. I really hope I get a nice doctor and hopefully he/she will prescribe me Proscar. Propecia is wayyy to expensive and considering I'm still in high school he will know that my budget is limited. Proscar is the way to go people! I will also add Rogaine to my daily schedule, maybe. I'm uploading some better pictures of my hair so you can see every detail.

This is the body I'm going to work with. Starting from today. So if I'm totally bald by 30 - 40 I will at least have a nice body. That is if I really put effort into my training.

sdc10372f.jpg

This is how I usually style my hair trying to cover every single bald spot.

sdc10384b.jpg

My extremely receded hairline. Don't forget that I just turned 18. 18 years and a crazy Norwood 2. Thank you God!

sdc10378.jpg

sdc10381.jpg

sdc10382e.jpg

Left side.

sdc10379d.jpg

sdc10387l.jpg

Right side.

sdc10380f.jpg

Top.

sdc10388q.jpg

Back.

sdc10390n.jpg

And before you say anything. Yes, I do need to cut my nails but I've been extremely busy for the last two weeks or so. My hairline has receded for around 2 years and I shouldn't even be starting to notice any hairloss. My dad and brother didn't notice hairloss until 21 or so. I should be living my life now, having fun, being social and stuff like that but I focus too much on my hairloss. One thing is for sure, I will stop my hairloss and I'm pretty confident I will get stronger, healthier and thicker hairs all over my head, especially the front. Do I believe I will see regrowth? You bet. I will have some new hairs sprouting within a couple of months. I will give you monthly updates as soon as I buy Proscar and Rogaine. Wish me luck!

cuebald

Reaction score
Your hairloss doesn't seem that bad to me (And you don't look very hairy either).
I do however think it has gone beyond a Mature Hairline, into NW2.5 territory. I can also see miniaturisation at the hairline. I'd say that going on finasteride is wise, especially if your relatives saw hairloss at that young age.

Where are you from? You have to pay to see a doctor?
In this country, our doctors would prescribe Propecia happily enough, but they'd never prescribe Proscar for male pattern baldness (even though they have the same ingredient.) This is because Proscar is indicated for BPH and not for male pattern baldness - so the doctors won't prescribe it for that reason alone. I don't know how it is where you're from.
Most people just get it off the net anyway.

Vinyard

Reaction score
I'm from Sweden and I have to pay around $20 to see a doctor. I'm telling you... I'm going to BEG for Proscar. He can't refuse me if I tell him I'm still in school and that my budget is limited. He simply can't. If he does, he's an evil piece of sh*t with no feelings what so ever. I want an understanding doctor who's more than happy to prescribe me Proscar. No, but really. I'm 18 and I'm heading for NW3 fast, who wouldn't feel a bit depressed? Especially when I have a terrible head shape and going completely bald would expose my funny shaped head.

Anyway... 15 more days and I'm off to see a doctor. Can't wait. In one year from now, when I'm 19 you will see me as a NW1 - NW1.5. Trust me ;)

Vinyard

Reaction score
Hey guys... I think I'm going to cancel my appointment with the doctor. I found this site http://www.pharmacy2home.com/fincar.htm
I'm definitely going to order 60 tablets of fincar 5 mg, only $64 including shipping. 60 tablets cut into fourths would last 8 months! Now, the problem is that I obviously don't have a prescription so do you think there will be problems when importing the meds?

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
I don't know if that site is legit. It might be. Take your own chances. A lot of us buy from inhousepharmacy or unitedpharmacy

Vinyard

Reaction score
Hmmm, United Pharmacy charge 39 euro for 14 tabs of Proscar and my local pharmacy charge 90 tabs for the same price. The other website doesn't ship to Sweden so I guess I have to order from Pharmacy2home. It looks legit but I'm not really sure though. Anyone buying from this site?

Oriol

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought finpecia for 8 months from them but it's to early yet as I started with 3 weeks ago. Dont know if is legit or not but it's cheap. No way i'm going to give a lot of money for some brand propecia pills.

Vinyard

Reaction score
I ordered 90 pills of Finpecia yesterday which will last 3 months so I'm pretty excited. The shipping takes two - three weeks so I will update this thread in two months from now. A monthly update would be enough to follow my progress. I'm also going to buy a 3 month supply of Rogaine.
A funny thing is... I recently stopped masturbating and I take one Zinc pill a day and my excessive shedding is no longer a big problem. Before doing this I would find 50 hairs on my hands every time I took a shower and now I only see 10 hairs at most. I might be imagining things but I don't think so. This has been going on for at least a week now.

UPDATE: I guess I wasn't imagining things. It's been almost 3 weeks now without excessive shedding. I'm telling you. I only see a couple of strands on my hands when I shower. When I comb my hair afterward I lose maybe 5 - 10 hairs but that's probably because my hair is wet which weakens it a little. NO MORE EXCESSIVE SHEDDING! And I did it without finpecia/rogaine. All I needed was to quit jerkin' off and taking Zing pills.

By the way. I went to see a doctor a few days ago. She told me that she barely knew anything about hairloss and she gave me crap like "many men lose hair" bla bla bla. She told me she would get in touch with a dermatologist and she would contact me soon. Today I got a letter from the old hag! The letter said that there was no need for the Dermatologist to take a look at me. WHAT?! Did the f*****g b**ch examine my hair or what the hell was she doing? The letter also said that there's a medication called Propecia but it can give you side effects, bla bla bla.

I don't really care though. It's been 11 days since I ordered Finpecia now so I guess I don't need the so called doctors any more. Hopefully I'll have my pills next week but i wouldn't count on it. Around nov 22 - 28 would be the most likely date. Can't wait until then :woot: :woot: :woot: