Vitamins for hair loss

ring_the_alarm

Reaction score
Hallo. For the past couple of years I have been suffering from quite a lot of hair loss which has led me to severe depression.
For the past 2 months I have been taking Perfectil Hair, Skin and Nails vitamins, which contain everything from the B Vitamins to Selenium. While these have improved the texture and quality of my hair a little, they have unfortunately increased the growth of my body hair to a considerable degree. And my hair loss is still there :(.
Does any one know of any vitamins that prevent hair loss, but DO NOT effect body hair growth? Thank you.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
you wont save your hair with vitamins,you need to get on propecia and rogaine foam and nizoral 2% shampoo

these are 'the big three' and your only realistic chance of at least maintaining the hair you have

get on them now! :)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
only Propecia and minoxidil can help, dont worry about the rest.

ring_the_alarm

Reaction score
thank you for the advice.
I was just wondering if there were any unwanted side effects with drugs like Propecia?? no increased body hair or lowered sex drive?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
ring_the_alarm said:
thank you for the advice.
I was just wondering if there were any unwanted side effects with drugs like Propecia?? no increased body hair or lowered sex drive?

side effects are not common, but they could happen. Increased body hair is not one of them btw.

NatIn

Reaction score
Propecia side effects - http://linepharm.com/item/propecia.html
Unlikely to occur but the possible side effects include impotence, decreased sex drive or decrease in amount of ejaculate. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.