Vitamins or minerals to take to offset low sexdrive?

tommboy2

Reaction score
Is there any vitamins or supplements I can take to offest my lack of sexdrive on finasteride? I really want to be able to have sex with my girlfriend more often.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Apparently Zinc supplements, and L-Arginine and L-Lysine help, with a bit of science to back them up.

baller234

Established Member
Reaction score
Maca and DIM.

Low sex drive is caused by the extra estrogen in your body from finasteride. DIM will help metabolize the estrogen and Maca is a very potent sexual stimulant.

Both can be picked up at the vitamin shoppe or any other similar store.

dazzerler

Reaction score
yes of course there is and it wont cost a great deal. I have been weight training off a couple of years and in my time have used many traning supplements for boosting testosterone. these are natural and are part of a healthy routein. you need to ne taking Zinc and Magnesium. its not good enough having it in a multi vit buy a Zinc and Magnesium supplement and take on an emptyish stomach an hour before bed. also Tribulus Terrestris a all natrul herd supplement wich again will boost test. take one with each meal. These will not have in my experience have any negative effect, men over 30 quite often suffer from low testosterone levels that keep declining and as an effect suffer from low libido and effected sleep

zayin

Established Member
Reaction score
trust me, i've tried them all. The reason for low libido is low DHT. The only option is to quit finasteride or lower your dose.

dazzerler

Reaction score
how long have you been on the finasteride for. i have been on it for 3 weeks and i seem to have hit a little lower libido at around the 2 week mark but bothind drastic and from what i hear a lot of people go through that and it levels out so will hang in there. I am on a very low dose 0.20mg so nothing drstaic im sure it will level out