Vitamins to slow hair loss and possibly regrow? Help needed.

odessit771

Reaction score
Hello! I am trying to make a list of vitamins (ingridients) I need to take in order to slow down my common man pattern loss and possibly regrow some hair. Could you guys help me with that? So far I have the following ingridients. Please feel free to add and/or remove vitamins/ingridients. Thank you very much!!!!!

Omega-3
Biotin (vit H)
Iron
B (B3, B9, B5)
Zinc
C
E
Protein
Pantotheniic Acid
Lysine

carrotbumzz

Reaction score
L cysteine 500mg works wonderfully to me, I recommend it to anyone. stop my hair loss dramatically only in a few days.

twenty.five

Established Member
Reaction score
carrotbumzz said:
L cysteine 500mg works wonderfully to me, I recommend it to anyone. stop my hair loss dramatically only in a few days.

Yeah, if that's the case then you had an L cysteine deficiency and not male pattern baldness.

s.a.f

Reaction score
twenty.five said:
carrotbumzz said:

Yeah, if that's the case then you had an L cysteine deficiency and not male pattern baldness.

:agree:
M.p.b has nothing to do with vitamins or even health.

cuebald

Reaction score
i took a strong multivit + multimineral for years (still do infact) but my hair still fell out.

carrotbumzz

Reaction score
twenty.five said:
carrotbumzz said:

yah, i am still wondering what type of my hair loss is. It is thinning on the top and frontal hair which is call diffuse thinning caused by androgen. But my hair stop falling since using L cysteine, i know its weird. I wanted to take finasteride, but L cysteine is very helpful right now, stop shedding.

Maybe my hair loss is cause by both androgen and stress (I realized that my hair fell out after every stress period like final exams), then L cysteine works on me.

I m happy that my hair has stop shedding, waiting for some regrowth :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
cs2 said:
You may add MSM. It helps hair grow faster.

But it does nothing for m.p.b.
Also I used it a few times after my hair transplant's to try and grow back the shaved down donor and recipient areas and despite all the claims I did'nt notice anything.

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
carrotbumzz said:

Does N-Acetyl Cysteine work as good? I have some lying around.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Man I wish hair loss was just stopped by popping a couple different vitamin pills. The perfection solution to hair loss with no side effects and is good for you sounds good to me.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I cut the little temples I had down (to see the balding areas) and NIOXIN vits made it grow back with speediness! I've used many hair vits and NOTHING helped my hair with growth like Nioxin.

Next MSM powder. Get a brand that quotes purity without additives, metals.
Don't get a vit with it. Get it by itself.

These are good adjuncts for male pattern baldness. Does nothing for male pattern baldness by themselves.

Also if you are deficient in iron, b vits or vit D, and I think magnesium? you will lose hair also.