VMan's Story

vman

Reaction score
I have been progressively losing hair and thinning over the last 8 years. It had become much more noticeable with a retreating on the front and thinning over the top in the last two years.

After breaking up with my partner I decided to take treatment to improve my appearance. I based the treatment on recommendation from a friend whom was also on this forum and after doing some brief reading began treatment.

My regime began in January/February 2009 with 1mg Propecia, twice daily Hair A-Gain (generic 5% topical Minoxidill) and twice a week Nizoral 2%. I actually buy the propecia as Finar (5mg tablets) from an overseas supplier and cut them up into 1/4 tablets (this is actually 1.25mg Propecia). This is MUCH cheaper then sourcing brand name product from Australia. However, sometimes I get "sensitive" & "tight" testicals which I believe is a result of the over dosage of Propecia - I normally then miss a day or two and things return to normal.

Initially after about 2 months I noticed new hairs emerging in the crown area in particular. These hairs gradually got thicker until they grew normally hair.

Overall, I am very, very happy. My hair is significantly thicker, I've had some regrowth in the crown area and people are really noticing the results. I have found that by using generic's of the above I have been able to keep the complete cost of treatment to under $400AU a year which makes things much more affordable. I will continue with treatment definately!

See photos. Of significance the photo marked 1.jpg notice the regrowth/thickening in the crown (granted the angle isn't exactly right on the photo but I think it shows significant result)

Any questions or comments appreciated.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 222
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 200
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 200

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score
hi vman, i'm in australia too and order finasteride from inhousepharmacy.

I plan to start minoxidil foam (before it was liquid) after a break of 1 year to help the dark circles and other sides from minoxidil to subside.

Do u apply minoxidil twice a day on damp/moist hair? any sides from any of the meds and what about sheds?

vman

Reaction score
I think sometimes I should have read this forum a little more.. hmm.. vitamins and what are Dark Circles???? and what other side effects are you finding. Please elaborate.

Anyway - in answering your question.. I am normally too lazy to dry my hair before adding the minoxidil. I add the minoxidil (only to the top of my hair) & wait for it to dry a bit and then add some product (American Crew Fibre)

I do not seem to have any side effects apart from my original email. I am not that overly sexually active at the moment so any libido related problems don't really effect me..

Number9

Reaction score
Regarding Vitamins - it's really up to you as to which brand to use. As long as it includes some of the following vitamins (not all required in one pill):

Vitamin B-complex (includes folate, biotin, inositol)
Vitamin B6/B12
Vitamin C & E
Magnesium, sulfur, zinc
Beta-Carotene
Vitamin A
MSM

Most general vitamin supplements aimed to help hair-growth or for general health usually include the above list.