Wannakeepitall's Story - ( 25 /and thinning hair)

Reaction score
I recently had a haircut and noticed my hair getting thinner than usual. It freaks me out. I'm only 25 and my body is very hairy and I didn't expect to have hair loss at this young age. The funny thing is I never noticed it until I had a really short haircut. Normally my hair was always around 3-4 inches and I never noticed any thinning or anything.

I never saw any shedding in the shower, in my pillow, or comb either. This was a big surprise for me. I noticed acne on my head. Maybe what I'm having is not male pattern baldness but it is something due to infection or a skin irritation. My whole body has been itching for the last few weeks including my scalp. I'll have to see a dermatologist for that. Hopefully this is something other than male pattern baldness.

Still I always thought I was gonna have male pattern baldness as my dad has it as well but he didn't have it until he was 40. I ordered proscar and some vitamin pills online. I'll see how things go from here.

recede

Reaction score
i didnt notice my hairloss until i got a really short haircut as well. at first i was mad at the barber, but then when it didnt grow back in quite as thick i knew it was male pattern baldness. both of my brother who are younger than me are starting to losr their hair as well. i started to lose mine a few later in life. i should have known it was coming, but its easy not to think about when its not affecting you. good luck man

Reaction score
I bought Proscar a while ago but I didn't start using it yet. I'm still undecided because of the possible side effects.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
wannakeepitall said:
I bought Proscar a while ago but I didn't start using it yet. I'm still undecided because of the possible side effects.

generally less than 2% of people experience side effects
just something to consider

i will also mention it is alot easier to maintain hair
than it is to regrow it