Want hair? Use opiates ;)

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
Posted this in another section, but wanted to get more opinions on this. Article as quoted:

"Opioid induced hypogonadism is of particular interest in that the association between use of sustained release opioids and decreased levels of free testosterone (FT), total testosterone (TT), estradiol (E(2), dihydrotestosterone (DHT), luteinizing hormone (LH), and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) has been repeatedly found in studies evaluating sex-hormone levels and cortisol metabolism in both men and women treated with sustained release opioids, with the decrease reflective of opioid effects both centrally (hypothalamic and pituitary) and peripherally (at the level of the testes, ovaries, and adrenals) .(Daniell 02; Daniell J Pain 02; Daniell HW 07; Daniell 06; Oltmanns 05) Symptoms associated with hypogonadism include fatigue, depression, diminished libido, impaired sexual function and osteoporosis. Studies also have indicated that low estradiol and testosterone levels are associated with increased pain. (Smith 2006) while corticotrophin releasing factor has been shown to be antinociceptive (Mousa 2007). Although the literature on these topics is not yet developed to a point that allows definitive guidance, opioid-induced hypogonadism may be one of the factors which account for the lack of functional benefit seen in association with their use. "

I dunno, I had to get prescribed percocets recently for intense pain related to an accident i was in a while back and I was pretty confident taking them that they would be beneficial for my hair...but if you google "percocet and hair loss" you will find some posts that say otherwise. but speaking in terms of androgens it makes sense that opioids should in theory have an extremely beneficial effect on male balding

s.a.f

Reaction score
I reckon its true.[attachment=0:3g5kmn08]motley.jpg[/attachment:3g5kmn08]

That guy in the hat looks like he's just been dug up. :shock:

Attachments

• motley.jpg
    motley.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 203