Wanting to use coconut oil on my hair...

oarf11

Established Member
Reaction score
I've seen different sites mention virgin coconut oil, but I've only been able to find organic coconut oil. Do you think this will matter?

G

What do you hope to achieve from Coconut Oil? I used it for 7 months and saw no regrowth (but I was only other oils and only a little Coconut Oil). I remember using Coconut Oil for 1 week alone and it really reduced my shedding.

karl_h

Established Member
Reaction score
I think coconut oil can help you to shed less hair.

If your scalp is dry, your hair may become more brittle and this will cause more of your hair to fall out.

By applying coconut oil to the scalp, it moistens the scalp and the hair and this helps the hair strands to remain on your scalp.

oarf11

Established Member
Reaction score
I just have dry scalp and want to moisturize it.

I want to prevent this from happening when:
Flakes.jpg

JLL

Established Member
Reaction score
All the organic coconut oils I've seen are also virgin coconut oils. Hardly seems worth it growing organic coconuts and then making refined oil out of them. You can get virgin organic coconut oils from iherb.com for cheap (if you've never ordered from them, you can get a $5 discount, just send me a PM).

For your hair, it likely doesn't even need to be organic; it has to do with the fatty acids and not the other stuff that is in virgin coconut oil.