Was I out of line to talk to this woman?

CCS

Reaction score
I was out on a date with a woman I've been with a bit. It was at a bar where she knew the owner and the regulars even saved her a parking space right by the door of the very packed bar.

She stepped outside to smoke, and I stayed in practicing my dart throwing like she told me to. While she was out, a pretty woman walked up to me and introduced herself and asked me how I threw the darts so accurately and how I had met my date. I did not want to say we met on craigslist, so I just said I've known her a while, and then proceeded to explain to her how to throw darts accurately. She asked more about me, and told me she is from Florida and will be leaving to go back tomorrow. At this point I thought she was hitting on me, which was rare, and I enjoyed the flattery. So I talked with her another 30 seconds about the states we were from, and then told her I had met her on craigslist and we are dating. She changed the topic to her experience with match.com, and we talked about that briefly before she said it was nice meeting me, and then left back to her group. My date came back in 2 minutes later and played darts with me until we left. We hung out at her place another two hours, before got upset about me not agreeing with her about something that happened a month ago, and broke up with me, again. So I left.

I now wonder if the woman was her friend and texted her during those two minutes that I did not brush her off fast enough. Why would she give up on me after I said we are dating, but yet still approach when it was obvious we were dating just by our PDA? Do you think it was wrong of me to talk to her those two minutes just because I enjoyed the rare compliment, even though I had no plans of going for the other woman?

s.a.f

Reaction score
The paranoia is limitless.

cuebald

Reaction score
I think that at some stage of the night you must have stepped in the wrong lighting, exposing some slight thinning on the vertex. When she saw that you are a thin NW2 instead of a moderate NW1.5, she might have thought "He's gone down a point - I can do better than him. I can get at least a NW1.5 with a good beard shape and 15" arms."

I think you should try wearing some concealer next time you go out, and, because she has seen your natural hair, you will have to get used to paying for her dinners.

The Gardener

Reaction score
CCS said:
Do you think it was wrong of me to talk to her those two minutes just because I enjoyed the rare compliment, even though I had no plans of going for the other woman?
No.

oni

Reaction score
before got upset about me not agreeing with her about something that happened a month ago, and broke up with me, again. So I left.
:uglylol:

I really think the other woman was your girls new lover................................ :whistle:

Think about CCS it makes sense...............................this other woman was told by your girl to talk to you, she was seeing if you would have been a good candidate for a threesome but you blew it!!!! :shock:

HughJass

Reaction score
CCS said:
She stepped outside to smoke, and I stayed in practicing my dart throwing like she told me to. While she was out, a pretty woman walked up to me and introduced herself and asked me how I threw the darts so accurately and how I had met my date. I did not want to say we met on craigslist, so I just said I've known her a while, and then proceeded to explain to her how to throw darts accurately. She asked more about me, and told me she is from Florida and will be leaving to go back tomorrow. At this point I thought she was hitting on me, which was rare, and I enjoyed the flattery. So I talked with her another 30 seconds about the states we were from, and then told her I had met her on craigslist and we are dating. She changed the topic to her experience with match.com, and we talked about that briefly before she said it was nice meeting me, and then left back to her group. My date came back in 2 minutes later and played darts with me until we left. We hung out at her place another two hours, before got upset about me not agreeing with her about something that happened a month ago, and broke up with me, again. So I left.

Another scene from the quirky arthouse movie that is CCS's real life...