Wash n' Gones' Story - (update with pics 30th May 07)

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
33 year old man from the UK, first started noticed thinning on my hairline about two years ago and it has been getting progressively worse. I still have a reasonable hairline (save the usual temporal recession), but it is worryingly thin. I have finally decided to do something about it after noticing that you are now able to see some scalp at the back of my hair when the sun is shining directly over it. I am probably a NW3 with diffuse thinning all over. I am not too far off further dropping down on the scale. I have just started on Propecia on the Boots hair retention programme(second day) and have been using Nizoral for about a month.

Just to say Hi and thanks to everyone who posts here - been lurking for a while and this site has been a very valuable resource for me :)

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi there mate :) fellow Brit balding bloke here.

I looked into the Boots programme too but decided against due to cost (£390 a year it works out at I think?), so have got the same drugs over the internet much cheaper... I get 5x stronger pills and split them into 5ths... costs me under £60 a year that way... I dunno if this might be a hint for you, or whether you are okay paying the extra for the Boots thing due to convenience and the photos and consultations etc.?

I'm also using Minoxidil, used to get this from Boots but stopped doing that once I realised just how much I was being overcharged :freaked: £21.99 they were charging for a bottle of 2% minoxidil, you can get 4 bottles of 5% for that price on ebay.

Still use Boots to get my Nizoral though.

Anyways mate, it's good to see another Brit here, best of luck with your hair regrowth and be sure to post on your progress :)

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the encouragement. I will be posting back with updates when I am a bit further in to my Regimen. I am getting finasteride from Boots mainly for the reassurance that it is genuine. The consultations and photos are not an issue to me. I might swap to chopping up proscar later on, but don't feel confident enough at the moment. I am holding off from the Minoxidil at the moment as I want to see how I respond to the finasteride first. It seems a lot of faffing around and wan't to avoid it if I can.

Good luck to you too :thumbs_up:

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Just an update with a couple of pics. First picture was taken at the end of April and the second one yesterday. They are at the two week and six week mark respectively. I know it is only early days too expect to see anything and am trying not to get carried away, but I swear it looks like it is filling in a bit. What do you reckon? Be a bonus if it does as I only really expected to maintain.Both taking without flash and lit up by my bathroom light. Click on the image to get a larger pic.

End of April pic:

End of May pic:

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wow :shock:

I'd agree, from the second photo it does indeed look like the gap is closing!

Oh, and I would kill for hair like yours bud ;)

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
It is a bit darker, because the camera is a little bit closer. Brushed the same way as ever though. Not trying to trick anybody here :wink:

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hair looks better, though it also looks a bit longer. I noticed my hair looked better going into the 2nd month, even just the texture was better.

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It makes sense that his hair is better, much less of that nasty DHT to miniaturise it! It might take quite a ling time to see major results, for sure, but in theory, your hair ought to start getting better from the first pill...

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
klink said:
Hair looks better, though it also looks a bit longer. I noticed my hair looked better going into the 2nd month, even just the texture was better.
That is what occured to me at the time - I fear I may be disappointed, but I am clinging to the hope that it looks better at the root and the fact it just 'feels' better. I am taking MSM which makes it grow really quickly, hence it looking so much longer in 4-5 weeks. I will be having my hair cut in two weeks (too busy to have it done before), so will post some more pics then :)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
any update?