washing your haur daily or every second day

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
I wen to a derm and he told me that it's best to wash your hair every second day instead of every day. He said that by washing every day the hair is stripped from it's natural oils etc.

Here on this forum I've read that people recommend to wash hair every day? Is there a conclusion to this?

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
I was also wondering something...
All my shampoos tell me to "Repeat".
Is that really necessary? Seems like they just want you to run out faster.

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
I wash my hair once every 4 days or so. It sounds gross, but I have longer hair and when I shampoo I get super frizz. It looks healthier with some of the natural oils your Doctor mentioned.

Pall

Established Member
Reaction score
Your Dermatolog says right , the best thing is the natural oil of your body.
Try your hair to have natural oils its essential, dont wash your hair for every day.

G

like every other part of the body, biodiversity will play it's part in the whole hairloss/scalp/hair/oil thing, so some may only need to wash their hair every 5 days whilst others may find two washs a day keeps their head in good shape

drinkrum

Reaction score
tynanW said:
like every other part of the body, biodiversity will play it's part in the whole hairloss/scalp/hair/oil thing, so some may only need to wash their hair every 5 days whilst others may find two washs a day keeps their head in good shape

What the f*** are you talking about dude? Do you literally smoke a bunch of grass while posting on HairLossTalk.com? 8)

D.

G

drinkrum said:
tynanW said:

What the f*** are you talking about dude? Do you literally smoke a bunch of grass while posting on HairLossTalk.com? 8)

D.

sorry drinkrum, you have humbled me.

let me explain it thus (no need for the 'thus' but f*** it)

The original question was essentially trying to determine how often posters here think its best to wash their hair.

My answer is just saying that the biodiversity of the scalp (and indeed all aspects of biological activity) will mean there will always be a broad range of 'correct answers'

we don't smoke grass in London, we steal adrenalin from reasearch hospitals.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
With soap we can pretty much blow up anything

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you ever kill somebody with a can of cheese wiz?then put their flesh in between two crackers?

G

blue said:
you ever kill somebody with a can of cheese wiz?then put their flesh in between two crackers?

no, but I have 'cheesed' a few cops in my time on the streets.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ive heard that is usually only done to homeless people[/b]

G

just because you got yourself a home don't mean you won't be 'cheesed'

beware.

muii

Established Member
Reaction score
i use a lot of gel or pomade when i style my hair...how can i not shower the next day? my hair will look all out of whack with a day of sleeping with that crap and not showering it off, anyone has gel in their hair from the previous day and not shower it off the next morning?

how do you proceed to style it like this?
please advise