Water Heater Question

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering after doing research on this. When water heaters in homes reach the end of their lives, do they just stop working, or do they always explode and create a flood?

If it's the latter, or if the latter is more common and thus the norm, how do you anticipate about when it will happen?

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Vigaku said:
I was just wondering after doing research on this. When water heaters in homes reach the end of their lives, do they just stop working, or do they always explode and create a flood?

If it's the latter, or if the latter is more common and thus the norm, how do you anticipate about when it will happen?
i don't think there has been any cases of a water heater exploding in recorded human history
usually they stop working or at worse leak
but most should be fitted with a safety valve to prevent explosions......like anything that holds pressure

don't quote me on this but it seems like common sense to me

oni

Reaction score
somone uk said:
Vigaku said:

i don't think there has been any cases of a water heater exploding in recorded human history
usually they stop working or at worse leak
but most should be fitted with a safety valve to prevent explosions......like anything that holds pressure

don't quote me on this but it seems like common sense to me

You really don't have to worry about domestic water heaters..........................it is all really low pressure and tiny vessels.

The problem with pressure release valves are, they don't usually get changed on a service and they can go wrong..................... :whistle: