Water rich in minerals.It is bad for the hair?

ficki4

Reaction score
Call me crazy but I have the impression that the tap water which is rich in minerals is bad for the hair.Because a recent long journey I was curious about that because I notice significant difference in hair health,changing only the tap water and no other habits.(u know for shower and styling reasons). Returning home I discover that the tap water in my city is extremely rich in minerals. Does have anything to do with the hair health or is only an impression?

goingoinbutnotgone

Established Member
Reaction score
Well they definitely build up on the hair itself. My wife has a shampoo that removes the build up.

I would think that there is also a build up on the scalp, and it can't hurt to use it once a week.

In my opinion, DHT is the real culprit. It's funny. I have used many scalp cleansing and follicle stimulating potions, and only when I got on the big3 did I see anything happen.

If you are not on them....just do it.

asolof

Established Member
Reaction score
"Minerals" is a very generic term. Are you talking about calcium and magnesium or perhaps lead, arsenic, and mercury? Then you need to specify concentrations of each in the water and the amount and type of exposure. Good luck pinning that down.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i wasn't badling for 17 years using tap water, do u think minerals really effect hair? Use a good conditioner and you'll be fine