Watering Down minoxidil

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello All:

I want to dilute Dr. Lee's minoxidil from 5% to 2% and use it for a good 6 months before using full strength, hopefully to reduce the effect of an initial shed or subsequent irritation. Seems like a rather clever thing to do :)

What should I add?

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You want a serious f*****g answer!!!!!!!
Well then ............use hellmenns mayonnaise(Ty's answer wasnt detailed enough i know)

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
you ever notice how mayonaise always says "real" on it? Real Mayonaise. Makes me wonder.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Its true ...but nothing is real anymore...you think thats air your breathing?

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
use dermovan

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks man where can I buy....

oh wait I just found the search function on google. Does anyone else know about this??? It's surprisingly helpful!!!!!

:p

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Molecular Help said:
I want to dilute Dr. Lee's minoxidil from 5% to 2% and use it for a good 6 months before using full strength, hopefully to reduce the effect of an initial shed or subsequent irritation. Seems like a rather clever thing to do :)

What should I add?

What makes you think you have to add anything at all?? Just use LESS of it. It'll accomplish exactly the same thing.

Bryan

bombscience

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Molecular Help said:

What should I add?

What makes you think you have to add anything at all?? Just use LESS of it. It'll accomplish exactly the same thing.

Bryan

Yeah how about 1 time a day instead of 2?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes the easiest and simplest solutions are the ones most likely to be overlooked. I guess it's the "Purloined Letter" syndrome! :lol:

Bryan

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:

I don't think 2/5 of a milliliter would be enough to cover the area I would be using it on.

I can see how this would be true if you were using minoxidil on an area small enough that the 1mL would be applied in the same spot more than once. It's the same principle I had to use when diluting folligen... it was too strong to use the necessary amount of sprays for full coverage at original strength. Once I diluted it, I could spray it everywhere, getting the same amount of folligen in a less potent concentration equally throughout.

Also: I thought 2x daily applications (even of small quanitities or lesser concentrations) of minoxidil were basically necessary for its method of action to function properly. I read that it's ok to go to once per day for maintenance but not until after a year of consistant use at 2x/daily. Kind of like if you want to reduce your finasteride intake by half you have to take .5mg per day instead of 1mg every other day. (I realize they have a totally different effect for treating mbp, I just wanted to compare them in that their efficacy depends on spedific dosage and frequency)

Let me know if I'm wrong guys... I'd certainly rather go the simple route I've just heard some things that make me doubt if it would work. Just want to be sure I'm getting the most of treatments.

Thanks

MH

vwsimple

Reaction score
bombscience said:
A 5% solution has been proven to be almost 50% more effective than a 2% solution. Therefore it would be safe to say that 1 nightly 5% minoxidil application as effective (if not more effective) than 2 daily 2% applications.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... t=Abstract

sure, but that was relatively short term 48 weeks, bryan has showed a graph that it levels out after a few years so that they are basicly just as effective, although the 5% is marginally better at that point. makes me wonder about all these people trying 15% after using minoxidil for a long time already. probley marginally better than 5% after a few years also. but lee doesnt have to do any clinical trials, just sit back and watch the money roll in. how much of that do you think he wuold have sold if not for the internet? its borderline scamming by a doctor so its ok. get people to pay fortunes for something that only helps a bit.

also i realise people are probley gonna bash me for saying that, but its just my opinion on the matter, i dont care what any of you else want to buy , go ahead and do it.

Petchsky

Reaction score
VWsimple Wrote,

i realise people are probley gonna bash me for saying that, but its just my opinion on the matter, i dont care what any of you else want to buy , go ahead and do it.

Quite the opposite cherpa, Hooray for raw who gives a sh*t opinions.

:angel: :angel:

P.S But, Dr Lee does have some good alternative products for male pattern baldness