Wearing A Hair System While Your Transplant Grows In?

Jeff G

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Currently wearing a hair piece. Onto my second year now. But I just don't really like the inconsistent results from system to system.

Thinking about going in for a hair transplant consultation here soon. Although I do not even know if I am a good cantidate as I am about a V on the hair loss scale.

Is it possible to continue wearing a hair system after a transplant surgery. I just want to continue living life after the surgery and do not want to want a some one year time or longer for it to grow out.

I know you have to shave your hair down almost to the scalp when when glueing the system on. I don't know if you can do this post surgery.

Thanks,

Jeff

Mathe

Reaction score
It probably can be done BUT you must know in your heart of hearts that after a transplant has settled in ,shed and started to regrow putting a tight fitting wig on top of it is not ideal for growth ! In my honest opinion it is vitally important that your newly transplanted hairs can breath from the top of your scalp .

You still have a couple of options though worth considering, if as you say some of your wigs have been of a poorer fit throw them in the bin and walk into work with your own transplanted hair if people are cruel then you are sorting out the wheat from the chaff.After a day or so the local lad who crashed his bike into a hot dog stand on his way into work will be the news you won't .

You could also take 3/4 months sabbatical of work post op ! Sometimes the easiest thing to say is no way will I get that off or no way can I afford this ! BUT if you are truly unhappy with your current situation you will investigate this .

Cheers Mathe

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you seen any hair transplants in person? If not I would highly suggest you do this with patients who have exactly the same hairloss pattern as you do. What you will find is the density will be 50% or less of your system and that might matter. If you are older not so much but younger guys expect this dense amount of hair when surgically it is simply impossible.

Can you wear a system while it's growing in? Probably but I would imagine most would advise against it as they then would have to take responsibility for anything going wrong even if it's not related to the system. So you always want to do whatever will give you the best chance for a good outcome.

follicle2001

Established Member
Reaction score
IMHO, a hair system is not what you should wear after hair transplant. I can think of 10 ways this would hurt your grafts.