Wearing undercut After a Hauttransplantation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

intoleranz1

Reaction score
Is it possible to wear a undercut After a hair transplant, or will people see the scars in the donor era?

and another question. IS it possible to make hair grow faster? Does msm work for that?

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you referring to FUE or strip surgery? Either way, the shorter your hair is, the more you risk the scars being noticeable. (With FUE the scars are small, but they can be noticeable as "gaps" in the hair).

Hair grows about an average of half-inch per month (1.25 cm). I believe there are nutritional supplements that are claimed to increase hair growth. But they will only be slightly effective at best, with growth only increasing a small, incremental amount. In real terms, maybe your hair grows 1.4 cm per month now. Worth it?

intoleranz1

Reaction score
No, not worth it, but i'm taking msm anyway.

i had a fue yesterday. How Long the hair has to be, that People could not notice that i had a hair transplant?

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
Impossible to say... The redness takes time to go away. The FUE recipient sites should heal very quickly (a matter of days, only). But your hair might need to be a certain length to conceal the extraction sites (or possibly not, some guys can do quite well in this regard. See Fred the Belgian's thread).

MSM is supposed to be good for your joints, ligaments, tendons too. Probably no harm in taking it. Maybe it even helps a lot, I don't know.

intoleranz1

Reaction score
Alright, we will see. Hopefully i can wear shaved sides and back of my Head in a few months. 2mm would Be Perfect.

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
Good luck and speedy healing.

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know if there's anything you can do? Don't smoke. Don't go to the gym until you're healed (no straining). There may be some topicals that assist with scar healing, but I don't know what they are (well, we have "mederma" in the US) but I have no idea if they actually work.

The issue with FUE is not so much the scars not healing nicely... the scars are very small. The problem with FUE extractions is that there will be a gap where you used to have a hair. (This assumes your doctor doesn't use a punch which is too large, doesn't transect your follicles, etc). If everything is executed perfectly, the last remaining issue is the gaps in your donor area.

intoleranz1

Reaction score
I heard massaging is good against scars. But i don't Know when to Start.
My hair in the donor Area is, or was really really thick. When they First tried to shave it, the shaver ****ed up And they told me with this density i could do Five hairtransplants

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
That is all certainly encouraging to hear.

I would concentrate on healing (relax, get plenty of rest, eat healthy food, and drink plenty of water). That's about all you can do. I would not massage the area - I don't think it will improve scar healing - until it's healed. Use your own judgement (a few weeks, at least, maybe a month)

Status
Not open for further replies.