Webster's Story - (w/ pics. 9/17/07)

Webster

Reaction score
Hey, I am 38 y.o. and have been balding for a long time. I always had a high hairline but around year 25 it started to progress on backwards. :thumbdown2: I'm posting pics of my current hair. This is a grown out buzz cut with the sides trimmed again. You can see that I am down to stragglers on the front of my head and I am diffusely thin on the top. Probably should just shave my head but that is more maintenance and I'm not sure it would look better.

I should have started earlier, I guess that I just didn't want to think about treatment and considered Rogaine and Propecia too exotic and embarrassing to try, let alone ask for! This site put the bug in me to perform an experiment with my scalp to see if I can regrow ANYTHING. Who knows? These pictures are 3 months into using Proscar 1.25mg and Nizoral 2x a week. The pictures don't show it but I definitely have new vellus hairs sprouting up interspersed in the hair, all between 1mm and 3mm. If they became terminal (and I know it's a big if) I would have quite a lot of new hair. It would not be the density of my teens but I would be estatic.

91707018qb2.jpg

By websterhair, shot with DSC-P8 at 2007-09-17

9170716ft7.jpg

RaginDemon

Reaction score
sry bro but with advanced hair loss like that, there is little treatments can do.

I say you shave it and go for the shaved look

Webster

Reaction score
Re: Webster's Story w/ pics. 9/17/07

I'm pretty sure you are right, but I have the Proscar, haven't experienced any side effects and now see all these little hairs. Really I don't have false hopes about this, I have had plenty of time to mourn the death of my follicles. :mrgreen:

And I am enjoying the libido boost since I am also taking anti-depressants for five years, F**K the hair. I will keep at it for a year in the interest of science LOL.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

I am sure if you do some weight training, get a nice tan, the shaved look will get you a lot of girls. GL!

antonio666

Reaction score

Webster said:
Hey, I am 38 y.o. and have been balding for a long time. I always had a high hairline but around year 25 it started to progress on backwards. :thumbdown2: I'm posting pics of my current hair. This is a grown out buzz cut with the sides trimmed again. You can see that I am down to stragglers on the front of my head and I am diffusely thin on the top. Probably should just shave my head but that is more maintenance and I'm not sure it would look better.

I should have started earlier, I guess that I just didn't want to think about treatment and considered Rogaine and Propecia too exotic and embarrassing to try, let alone ask for! This site put the bug in me to perform an experiment with my scalp to see if I can regrow ANYTHING. Who knows? These pictures are 3 months into using Proscar 1.25mg and Nizoral 2x a week. The pictures don't show it but I definitely have new vellus hairs sprouting up interspersed in the hair, all between 1mm and 3mm. If they became terminal (and I know it's a big if) I would have quite a lot of new hair. It would not be the density of my teens but I would be estatic.

91707018qb2.jpg

9170716ft7.jpg

you will never grow a full head of hair again with treaments however you can regrow a lot back with lots of luck and who knows with the addition of toppik could pass of a head of hair that is passable never give up,have you thought about transplants ,you could get a transplant and have a full head of hair and then if the treatments work for you ,you will be quids in.

i wish you the best of luck

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score

what is your crown like? as antonio above mentioned hair transplant could be an option if you're bothered. From what I gather the crown is the part that uses the most hair. Since you say it was 25 when it started, and you are 38 it doesn't seem as aggressive as it could have been ( i mean a lot of people who start in their teens/early to mid twenties end up quite severe by 38 I think) judging by these pics, so I think you may have good success with a hair transplant if you were to take that route one day.

Good luck to you, I'm in a similar situation in that I don't expect miracles and am just curious to see how the drugs work for me.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

antonio666 said:
Webster said:

91707018qb2.jpg

9170716ft7.jpg

you will never grow a full head of hair again with treaments however you can regrow a lot back with lots of luck and who knows with the addition of toppik could pass of a head of hair that is passable never give up,have you thought about transplants ,you could get a transplant and have a full head of hair and then if the treatments work for you ,you will be quids in.

i wish you the best of luck

regrow a lot back at which region exactly? stop giving others unrealistic suggestions

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score

Ok Ill put this bluntly, yes a shaved head or number 0 all over would look alot better, and continue your treatments and see what happens.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

Itsonlyinmyhead said:
Ok Ill put this bluntly, yes a shaved head or number 0 all over would look alot better, and continue your treatments and see what happens.

:agree:

RaginDemon

Reaction score

just do it yourself

Webster

Reaction score

Somethings just have to be said 3 times LOL, bad internet!

ps1freak

Established Member
Reaction score

as long as you can still see those vellus hairs, there is achance that they can be saved.

i had regions on my temple where the vellus hair was still there n they went terminal just on propecia.

if your money isn't tight, i dont see why u have anythin to lose

Hans Gruber

Reaction score

jump on rogaine foam too and there is a chance you could see some pretty decent results

this guy was in a similar situation to you so there is always hope

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21717

RaginDemon

Reaction score

GL man

RaginDemon

Reaction score
buzz down to 0 is pretty similar to shaving it.

I say just shave it instead.