Weezur's Story

weezur

Reaction score
Hey all,

I don't have too much of a story. My hair has been getting considerably thinner for since I was 19. I''ve been using Rogaine and while it does help, the hair that comes out is very thin. Also, I'm told it doesn't work on front temple areas....

Anyways, I'd love some recommendations for thin hair. I have a full head of hair, but my hair has been getting thinner and thinner. I've been through sooo many forums, but haven't found a straight solution. I used to have hair that would amazingly stand up on its own without gel. I could even style it without any products...but the past two years have been tough...

Things that I've been thinking about:
Aveda Pure Potion - Pricy, but heard good reviews
Jason's thin to thick - Not sure about this one
Nioxin - I have a feeling this will be bad for me as I have sensitive skin.
Vive Thickness Shampoo - Seems legit....from a legit company

Thanks

weezur

Reaction score
Re: Recommendations?

Does finasteride help with thickening hair?
Or does it help with growing it?

Because my head is full of hair...it's just getting thin on the back of my head and is now getting into the horse shoe pattern...I think I just need something to thicken and add volume to the thin hair...

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Re: Recommendations?

weezur said:
Does finasteride help with thickening hair?
Or does it help with growing it?

Because my head is full of hair...it's just getting thin on the back of my head and is now getting into the horse shoe pattern...I think I just need something to thicken and add volume to the thin hair...

The hair isn't thinning. The amount of hair is. You're balding.

finasteride will stop your hair from thinning and possibly allow some (or all) to regrow.

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
Let me spell it out for you:

finasteride

Finasteride (marketed by Merck under the trademark names Proscar and Propecia, also available under several generic names)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finasteride

Minoxidil (Rogain) will trick you into thinking you are doing something good for your hair because, hey, it will get thicker and hey, it will look thicker. But as the years march on you will begin to notice thinner hair and more hair loss and you will discover you never ever once stopped DHT from damaging your scalp follicles, and by then it may be permanent damage as in your hair lost will not grow back even with Minoxidil. Only a DHT inhibitor like finasteride, finesteride (propecia or proscar) can halt your hair loss from taking place in the first place but for the best results you must get on it before the hair loss occurs.

Of course I know that is not what you wanted to hear because there are many hair products that you might try from herbs to yoga and I know you want to just do some easy 123 miracle shampoo that will work or you might want to blame it on stress or nutrition, BUT, you asked how to keep from going bald, not "how can I live a fantasy life and waste my money and time and still go bald?". So the answer is finasteride.