Well, 10 months on finasteride and........

The shedder

Established Member
Reaction score
Nothing.. Correction nothing would mean maintenence. When I originally started finasteride I took propecia for four months and then switched to proscar for the past 6 months. I was only losing hair for about 2 years and hoped finasteride and nizoral would help. I continue to lose the same amount of hair, with no dramatic thickening rather an increasing amount of thinning at the vertex. I have been on minoxidil for 6 months at the temples and I think that is what spared the hairs around my temple area. I lose very little hair at the temples and there are many new hairs around my bad temple. Originally my hairline was only receeding and now it has moved to my vertex/ back of my head. finasteride is supposed to help the vertex more, well at 10 months I can conclude NOT IN MY CASE. I am going to keep on finasteride for another few months, 4 at most, and hope at the year mark, things look up. If not I may try spironolactone or dutasteride And the side effects still have not subsided. I am readily fatigued and even on a full nights sleep I feel tired. And <ahem> the sexual side effects have not subsided. At 10 months I still have very wattery jizz and even drip during sex, let alone barely have a full erection. Sorry for the description guys, keep up the noble fight, and give minoxidil a try on the temples i think it may slow or halt loss at the temples with or without finasteride.