Well I would say I'm Norweed 3. Yea, that's right.

rjmogka

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Hope someone here experienced/experiencing what I am, and could answer me.

So, I started losing hair at 18, not easy, and it was just before I joined the military.
I don't know how familiar you are with military, but number 1 role there, is, guess what...shaving your head
until you look like an egg.
It was 2 month after I noticed the hair loss and even after the shaving no one but me really noticed something,
beacuse 2 month is a joke.
Ladies and gentleman I dont wish any of you to experience the feeling of noticing hair loss and then before you say "wha..?" some commander shouts at you "YOU SHAVED YOUR HEAD? NOT ENOUGH!!!"

So after a lot of thinking such as "ahh I guess I only imagine that.." "Oh look Loreal Shampoo that make the hair stronger, THAT will do..." "Oh look! Aminexil! Finally! a REAL cure!!" I started Minoxidil, spironolactone, Nutrifolica, Alpecin, and after it did absolutly...yea...I decided to get on propecia a month ago, knowing this is, really, the last thing that I can do. (Ru is too expensive, Bill Gates still doesn't wanna help me..)

The thing here - maybe it's the minoxidil and maybe not, but even before I started minoxidil the problem was
ONLY with the hairline, that receded, without all the thinning thing - "diffuse thinning" I guess.
I started having nice temples and high forehead, but almost no one saw that cause the hair remained very thick, the hair that existed. (I'm saying 'almost' beacuse there were days when the hair wasn't friendly, and people could see the "magic temples")

Somehow I did very very well in those 3 years and my hair all that time was like my "thing" that all the girls and even guys were talking about how full it is and beautiful and I'm like "What the hell are they blind?!?"
(After 1.5 years in army I could let my hair grow more cause of "medical condition" which is balding of course but shhh...I told them it's itching.)

Now the answer for "Why they didn't notice?" is very simple:
I had temples and a bit high forehead BUT -as I said no crown problem at all, it stayed full, so I only had to play with the hairline while the back of the head looked like jerry seinfeld in the 90's (if you know what I mean) and even better.

I'm sorry for the long post but you're the only people I can share this with them and after 3 years of "I don't care!! you're sick!! you're not balding!!" from close friends, it's nice to "get back to where I once belong". Thank you paul.

My question is:
What for the most can I expect from propecia to do with only hairline problems? I guess only maintaining but maybe anyone else experienced this and had good results? maybe the fact that I had thick hair after a long hair- loss time can help?

Thank you so very much for your time.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
If you are a good responder, you should expect some thickening of your hair, which you don't seem to have a issue with. Average people seem to maintain. Rogaine is said to work best by those that use propecia too.

Here some good cases, some do look like comb overs;
http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medical-treatment/patient-photos/

The the idea is that most have better hair a year plus later than when they started.

I suggest you post a gallery of photos here as your baseline, start the finasteride, update at least every 3 months. That way you don't feel like crap and say "My hair sucks today" and stop medication. Your mind can trick you and make things look worse. .