Wessneijder's Story - ( 21/NW6 diffuse, some coverage, pics)

wessneijder

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone longtime lurker. I started finasteride when I first noticed my hair loss at 18 years old. After 4 months my girlfriend and I could tell I was having a hard time keeping an erection. Even if I didn't bust after a week I still didn't get morning wood like I used to.

Anyway back then I was a diffuse thinner but it was very subtle. Now it's very obvious to the point where soon I will need to shave it. I'm thinking about giving it one last go round with Nizoral, Rogaine, and maybe even Propecia.

Even though the diffuse thinning is really bad only the trained eye can tell because I'm quite tall (6 foot 3 inches) so if I put Toppik in it's hard to see the loss. I'm not delusional though I know soon I'll be as bald as Jason Statham soon.

Anyways, when I was 18 I didn't have a job so I was prescribed the cheaper Proscar. Needless to say I was probably getting more than 1 g a day, prolly more like 1.25 a day. Do you think I should try Propecia this time? Is it not worth it? Too risky?

Attachments

• Image7.jpg
    Image7.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 2,867
  • Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 2,843
  • Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 2,854

afrik123

Reaction score
Re: Wessneijder's story: NW6 diffuse, some coverage, pics (21)

If ur gonna go medication route and have a history of sides with finasteride I'd say 1.25 is way too much try doing .25 or .5 or .75 finasteride and see what u can tolerate. Also I think minoxidil will help regrow hair. and nizoral will remove DHT topically.

But honestly bro, u have a good shaped head so shaving it would be a good option for you.

afrik123

Reaction score

Just out of curiousity how old are you? Best of luck :)

wessneijder

Established Member
Reaction score

afrik123 said:
Just out of curiousity how old are you? Best of luck :)

Thanks for the replies bro. I'm 21 years old. Started thinning at 18. Despite the horrible diffuse loss my hairline is pretty much intact. On one temple the hairs are very very weak from DHT attack and are see-through but when I put on Toppik it darkens them up.

As I said in the first post, I took 1.25 g Proscar per day because it was too hard to cut a rectangular pill into fifths. I think you give some good advice if I do go get Propecia I will take half a pill everyday.

I've got a Doctor appt next week. Idk yet if I should cancel, still trying to decide if I wanna try Finasteride again

wessneijder

Established Member
Reaction score

finfighter said:
You have super aggressive loss! Get on the big three ASAP, and read the guide in my signature, you may want to add some more treatments! Let me know if you have any questions.

Did you even read my post, or just look at the pictures? I've been on finasteride before (5 months) and it ruined my sex life. I was smashing easily before taking it then about 2-3 months in I lost all sex drive.

I know I have super aggressive loss. I'm not trying to sugar coat anything. Today I saw my grandma for the first time since buzzing my hair and she says "What happened to all your hair??!!"

Right now, at 21 years old, with a NW6 pattern diffuse some coverage, I'm trying to decide whether I should get back on the meds that may buy me 3-4 years of diffuse hair or just shave it and 'embrace' it.

At this point in the game I'm thinking just using Nizoral and Minoxidil would be a waste, but I just bought these two for one last fight.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score

Try topical spironolactone, but honestly chances are very slim that you will maintain your hair but as long as there is hope its better to keep fighting.

wessneijder

Established Member
Reaction score

LooseItAll said:
Try topical spironolactone, but honestly chances are very slim that you will maintain your hair but as long as there is hope its better to keep fighting.

Thanks for the response. It's really hard to accept. Especially when I went out with a girl last week and in line to get beer at Walmart she noticed a worker there who was young and had some really bad crown balding and said "Eww he's balding." I just kinda gave her an awkward stare and she said "What?"

My scalp feels healthier since starting Nizoral and I'm sure Rogaine will help temporarily. I just wish we had a new treatment.

wessneijder

Established Member
Reaction score

I took my first pill of 1.25 mg finasteride today. I'm officially back on the medication.

I'm not delusional I know it's a long shot since I have NW5 diffuse loss.

Rawtashk

Reaction score

Have you looked into dutasteride? It's a more aggressive medication, but people with finasteride sides have reported that the switches to Dutas and all sides went away.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just reporting what I've heart. Do your own research :)

wessneijder

Established Member
Reaction score

Rawtashk said:
Have you looked into dutasteride? It's a more aggressive medication, but people with finasteride sides have reported that the switches to Dutas and all sides went away.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just reporting what I've heart. Do your own research :)

To be honest I don't feel comfortable taking dutasteride as it is supposedly a more important drug and it not approved by the FDA for the treatment of hair loss.

To be honest with you I'm 5 days into the medication again and I've been fappin daily to p**rn with ejaculation.

I can definately feel my prostrate either enlarging or shrinking. It's a slight discomfort but not pain. Idk... it's a weird feeling, it makes me scared to stay on the drug. But I suspect with my ability to maintain libido on .75 mg finasteride maybe I will stay on it.

Rawtashk

Reaction score

I wouldn't freak out too much. I had some "ball ache" the first week or so while they were figuring out how much T to product. It went away and has yet to return :)