What about a topical version of finasteride

G

What if there was a topical version of finasteride? I think that's gooing to be next. It would probably work better because it goes straight to the affected site. It just seems likely that a topical finasteride would come out because finasteride can be absorbed through the skin which is why women shouldn't handle broken pills it. :freaked:

vwsimple

Reaction score
i read somewhere that merck didnt know if they should make it topical or oral, but in the end they decided that more people would be inclined to take an easy pill a day than not, even if it was systematic, and also the topical form was likely to just be absorbed systematically to some extent anyway(remember that 0.01mg has a significant effect still on blood level dht)

ShedMaster

Reaction score
It would be nice to see a topical finasteride and minoxidil combined in one solution! Then possibly add copper peptides (ie.. folligen spray) into the solution and you would be all set.

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
There is already a topical finasteride as well as dutasteride. You can also buy combinations of minoxidil and finasteride as well as spironolactone and finasteride. But it has to be imported and is very expensive. I've seen it on a website before. I try to find it again.

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is one site. http://www.lipoxidil.com/site/order.php

This sh*t is high. There is also another site that sells it, don't know what the prices are though cause I couldn't get the link to work.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Topical finasteride is a very mixed bag. One study showed no effect at all (no "local" effect, and no systemic effect). Another couple of studies have shown systemic absorption. Yet another study did in fact show the desired "local" effect only. It seems like a real crap-shoot.

Bryan