What About Dating Life With A Hair System For Those That Are Completely Open About Wearing One?

George24

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wanted to know how wearing a hair system has affected your dating life

This is mostly for those that have no shame admitting they're wearing one

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
All of my close friends, family and co-workers (mostly) know that this is a hair system. Because I now sell them I am even more open. When I get a client come in for just a haircut, I will usually mention the other side of the business.

No effect on my dating life whatsoever, other than "don't touch the hair"!

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure but as far as I know, society still consists of 90%+ straight people.

And I'm sure homos will be much more compassionate to their partner wearing a wig.

I would have thought that since balding is for the most part a male phenomena gay men might look past it more than a woman would, maybe im wrong about that though.

Last edited:

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Sure but as far as I know, society still consists of 90%+ straight people.

And I'm sure homos will be much more compassionate to their partner wearing a wig.
Had a 18yearold gf, she basically knew before our relationship. No way girls that age would even let me talk to them if I didn't have a straight hairline, though.

But I've not got much experience. I try not to tell them.

Last edited:

Fanjeera

Reaction score
But right now I've been together with one girl almost a year and I don't know whether I should really tell her. I think it's quite obvious -- she has felt the edge a thousand times already. Though, she hasn't stopped on it. Is this really a topic we need to discuss together with her? I also have a big obsession with hair and talk about it a lot. I think the fact that she hasn't asked anything means she doesn't care. Can't imagine how to proceed.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
But right now I've been together with one girl almost a year and I don't know whether I should really tell her. I think it's quite obvious -- she has felt the edge a thousand times already. Though, she hasn't stopped on it. Is this really a topic we need to discuss together with her? I also have a big obsession with hair and talk about it a lot. I think the fact that she hasn't asked anything means she doesn't care. Can't imagine how to proceed.

An entire year and you haven't said anything? i think you should by now.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
An entire year and you haven't said anything? i think you should by now.
And how do I do it?

Thanks!

She likes to touch my hair and I think today morning she might have even seen under the lace from the side and see some bald area. Maybe it's her problem finding this out, because I'm quite lazy at hiding it 100%. The clues are there, all over the place imo. Dirty hairline very often, haircuts that hide the hairline, lifted edge around perimeter (detectable to touch, not eye of course), used to tell her all the time not to touch my hair. These are quite good hints, no?

George24

My Regimen
Reaction score
And how do I do it?

Thanks!

She likes to touch my hair and I think today morning she might have even seen under the lace from the side and see some bald area. Maybe it's her problem finding this out, because I'm quite lazy at hiding it 100%. The clues are there, all over the place imo. Dirty hairline very often, haircuts that hide the hairline, lifted edge around perimeter (detectable to touch, not eye of course), used to tell her all the time not to touch my hair. These are quite good hints, no?

Brother Im absolutely sure she knows already and she's chill with it. She seems like she loves you enough to not mention it to you first . So just sit her down and tell her the honest truth. Tell her " You probably already know this but yeah I wear a system. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier I didn't know how but finally managed to gather the strength to. I'm still the same guy you love and who loves you."

Modify it as you please but yeah this is how.

I hope it works out for you bud and if it doesn't ( though I don't think it won't ) then she wouldn't be worth your time anymore.

Cheers and best of luck bud

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Brother Im absolutely sure she knows already and she's chill with it. She seems like she loves you enough to not mention it to you first . So just sit her down and tell her the honest truth. Tell her " You probably already know this but yeah I wear a system. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier I didn't know how but finally managed to gather the strength to. I'm still the same guy you love and who loves you."

I hope it works out for you bud and if it doesn't ( though I don't think it won't ) then she wouldn't be worth your time anymore.

But that's like saying sorry for wearing. People have said that being apologetic would be bad.

George24

My Regimen
Reaction score
But that's like saying sorry for wearing. People have said that being apologetic would be bad.

No. Not sorry for wearing. Sorry for not telling her earlier. There's a difference. You don't have to apologize for wearing one at all.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score

Do you feel she knows because it's obvious to women? Or because they've been in intimate settings many times and she has run her hands through it thousands of times?

Noah

Reaction score
Personally I think you are already at the sweet spot. She knows you are losing your hair and have artificial stuff going on, and she is OK with that and is still with you. Nobody is being misled, and that is the most important thing. She could find out the detail if she wanted (sounds like she could just lift your base up and have a peek!). You are obviously pretty relaxed about it around her. What is the advantage to either of you of saying the word "wig" out loud? (your girl will not understand "hair system"). She is obviously OK with the general idea as she encounters it, but she may be less comfortable if the stark facts are spelled out - my boyfriend is bald and wears a wig. You currently have the benefit of constructive ambiguity, which is often a good thing in a relationship. She can rationalise what she experiences in a way that suits her and fits in with her conception of you and her and your relationship - my Fanjeera is such a crazy metro guy, he is into all these fancy state-of-the-art products to style his hair. What a catch!

One thing is for sure: if you bring it out into the open that you are wearing, you will get a request to remove your piece and show her the "real you". You will have invited and legitimised that request. Make sure you are comfortable with that.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Personally I think you are already at the sweet spot. She knows you are losing your hair and have artificial stuff going on, and she is OK with that and is still with you. Nobody is being misled, and that is the most important thing. She could find out the detail if she wanted (sounds like she could just lift your base up and have a peek!). You are obviously pretty relaxed about it around her. What is the advantage to either of you of saying the word "wig" out loud? (your girl will not understand "hair system"). She is obviously OK with the general idea as she encounters it, but she may be less comfortable if the stark facts are spelled out - my boyfriend is bald and wears a wig. You currently have the benefit of constructive ambiguity, which is often a good thing in a relationship. She can rationalise what she experiences in a way that suits her and fits in with her conception of you and her and your relationship - my Fanjeera is such a crazy metro guy, he is into all these fancy state-of-the-art products to style his hair. What a catch!

One thing is for sure: if you bring it out into the open that you are wearing, you will get a request to remove your piece and show her the "real you". You will have invited and legitimised that request. Make sure you are comfortable with that.
Yes! Exactly my way of thinking (on good days :D). She anyway wants me to be as metro and gay as possible.