What are good brands for green tea extract, oils;fatty acids

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

want to go this route to help fight the hair loss

Dont know what to look for, how many mgs per day, brands, combinations, and what not

What has been shown to do some damage?

All answers are appreciated

Thanks

-DB

camobear777

Established Member
Reaction score
Green tea extract is excelent for over all health. I take it daily. Any major brands will be just fine. If you are in the states T-Teach makes a great extract that you can mix with water. I have been using their product for over a year and it is very good.

G

wal-mart's brand is good and cheap. docj077 and i are both taking 630 mg of GTE a day.

other good things to take if you want stuff that might actually help hair loss:

200 IU a day of Vitamin E
5 mg a day of Biotin
100 mg a day of B6
630 mg a day of Curcumin. Docj says that Solaray makes a great brand because it's 95% pure tumeric extract. You might be able to find that brand at your local health foods store or just search for it online.
And taking a general multivitamin every day along with all this is a good idea too I think. Just buy generic.

So that's 6 things you can do including the green tea I first mentioned. I'm on all 6. They're all listed in my regimen.

Good luck.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
Jayman, how do you know how good walmarts brand is? What is the percent of polyphenols?

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
wal-mart's brand is good and cheap. docj077 and i are both taking 630 mg of GTE a day.

other good things to take if you want stuff that might actually help hair loss:

200 IU a day of Vitamin E
5 mg a day of Biotin
100 mg a day of B6
630 mg a day of Curcumin. Docj says that Solaray makes a great brand because it's 95% pure tumeric extract. You might be able to find that brand at your local health foods store or just search for it online.
And taking a general multivitamin every day along with all this is a good idea too I think. Just buy generic.

So that's 6 things you can do including the green tea I first mentioned. I'm on all 6. They're all listed in my regimen.

Good luck.

tHANKS

I have the biotin and B6 in my dresser already, but Ill try the Walmart brand Green Tea. Vitaminshoppe has organic brands on their website that look reputable and they have good prices

-DB

G

sublime said:
Walmart is crap.

Buy from vitacost or vitaglo or an online herbal and supplement retailer. The ECGC content of my GTE is 89%. GNC is a rip off as well, save yourself some money and shop online.

What's the name of your GTE that contains 89% EGCG? I'm interested.

CCS

Reaction score
Just because it says 94% does not mean it is 94% by weight. Many things say, 80% X, 70% Y, 40% Z on the same bottle, and that adds up to more than 100%, so I'd like to know how they are defining their percents. Clearly it is deceptive advertizing. The best way to know is to see how many mg per serving size are on the lable.