What Are Some Good Alternative Hair Treatments?

James Weaver

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I had a small thin spot on left side of my head for about 5 years now. Trying to grow my hair long again, I wanted to see if minoxidil could make it thick again. I used it for about 4 to 5 months. I had to stop because my thick hairline disappeared and I was getting extreme headaches,and a very red and itchy scalp. That was 5months ago and my hair has still not come back. Are there any alternative treatments I can try? Possibly things that don't cause my hair to fall out lol. Ever since I've been off the minoxidil, my head has continued to be very itchy, which is not normal for me. Wish there was an undo button on this sh*t called minoxidil. Feelsbadman.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You are supposed to stick to it even if you lose a bit, not cut it.

In my case it did sh*t nothing after 3 years of finasteride and minoxidil topically, im still balding.

AllerganSaveUs

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have very bad and persistent+resistant scalp itch. Try putting salyclic acid shampoo (either t-sal or selsun blue deep cleaning with scrubbing bubbles,) in hair during shower for 2 minutes then wash it off and then put on 1 or 2% Ketoconazole shampoo on for 2 minutes and wash it off. The most effective, BUT most drying combo for me was selsun blue deep cleaning with scrubbing bubbles and then Nizoral with 1% Keto after. Another combo you can try is the sal acid shampoo for 2 min then, L'Oreal Sulfate free pyrithione zinc shampoo for 2 min. The first combo works better to get rid of itch but made hair very dry and scalp red. The second combo did OK for getting rid of scalp itch and made all redness go away. Good luck.