What are the Basic Vitamins to take for hairloss?

MARTINSTERN

Established Member
Reaction score
so im on some vitamins right now,

Biotin and b12
msm
zinc

but i want to know are there any other vitamins that are known to be good for hairloss?

btw msm i noticed DEFINITELY speeds up hair growth on all hair.

Jacob

Reaction score
BioSil or JarroSil

Seacure(hey..various "hair" formulas contain fish protein)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
MARTINSTERN said:
so im on some vitamins right now,

Biotin and b12
msm
zinc

but i want to know are there any other vitamins that are known to be good for hairloss?

Of the ones you mentioned, there was an apparently legitimate study done on oral biotin a few years ago in a foreign medical journal. They claimed to find a favorable effect on hair, so there _may_ be something to the use of biotin. I'd like to see other researchers verify their results, though.

There was also another very serious study on vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) in another medical jornal; it found that a B6 deficiency enhances the response of cells to androgens! For that reason, I suggest that everybody take a little B6 every day, preferably as part of a balanced B-complex supplement. Considering the other very important roles of B6 in our health, we all need a bit of this dietary "insurance". If it really does help our hair a bit, just think of that as a bonus! :)

Risugo

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan,
What about MSM? A lot people claims very good results with MSM. Any scientific evidence or study made.

MARTINSTERN

Established Member
Reaction score
thnx bryan!!

and i as far as msm goes,the only thing i can say for a fact, is that it 100% speeds up growth of hair,my hair grows so fast since i started taking it, and my nails too.

Risugo

Established Member
Reaction score
MARTINSTERN,
Where are you buying your MSM? Can you tell me the label

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There is no vitamins you can take to aid vs hairloss unles you are really low on them over long time. Just look at all the homeless people with greate hair.... It all go down to your genes.

You can use viatmins to make the hair look healthy and grow faster though. That i my experience with them anyway. To reduse hairloss/get regrowth, it is just pure BS.

Personally i use a standar vitamin complex + fish oils morning for general health. Used to do MSM and i am thinking of reordering some soon cus i like the hairgrowth speed + its aparantly good for oveall health.
Also recently started b-complex to see if that give anything at all. Probably wont reorder that...