what can i do to increase my hair thickness without Minoxidil ?

JAKE12321

My Regimen
Reaction score
i am 18 i will take finasteride but my crown area is thin ( not so bad ) i just want to make it thicker should i get a transplant ? i take also oral castor oil and use 2mm derma roller
i used to have longer hairstyles with volume now my hair is pretty flat and its making me depressed and it gets worse if i use anything topically or if i showered

should i take dutasteride ?

thanks in advance

Tamiko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you looked in finasteride? You can get prescribed using a site like ForHims.com, Ive been doing it for a few months and it seems to be working really well

MissingPixels

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's hard to tell what your situation is based on the limit info you've supplied. Are you taking finasteride? Your post says you will be taking it, but your regimen implies you already are.

If you're planning on starting finasteride soon just get on it and don't worry about it. Finasteride will be a stronger weapon in your hair loss fight than derma rolling or castor oil.

If you're already taking it but need to improve your crown, you could try a ketoconazole shampoo like Nizoral. It won't do as much as minoxidil though.

I haven't looked into dutasteride so I can't comment on it. However based on what I've read about hair transplants you probably won't want to be doing that just yet. The doctors on "The Hair Loss Show" podcast discuss why in this video (at 8:57)

JAKE12321

My Regimen
Reaction score
i will take it this week the pharmacy next to my house is closed and its opening this week
i think if i am on finasteride i wont be losing hair so the doctor will probably accept to perform a transplant for me

thanks

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Estrogens are growth agonists and would likely make the hair thicker and healthier. For loss prevention, AAs like RU, CB, fluridil, etc are also something to consider.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's interesting because, like someone was mentioning in another thread, the usage of topical anti-androgenic substances can potentially INCREASE masculinity/libido (albeit, likely to a insignificant degree). In theory, when the androgen receptor is being occupied with another substance, say RU for example, then the androgens that would normally bind to the receptors there would have to bind to receptors somewhere else - perhaps in muscle tissue, beard follicles, genitals, etc.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course, that isn't to say that people have not gotten side effects from topical substances. Certainly people have experienced negative side effects when too much of the substance gets into the bloodstream and travels elsewhere. The key is to find the minimal effective dosage.

JAKE12321

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course, that isn't to say that people have not gotten side effects from topical substances. Certainly people have experienced negative side effects when too much of the substance gets into the bloodstream and travels elsewhere. The key is to find the minimal effective dosage.
but mpmd said the extra androgens that doesn't bind to the hair follicle doesn't really do much it just keeps circulating in blood and they dont go inside the tissue is this right ?

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
but mpmd said the extra androgens that doesn't bind to the hair follicle doesn't really do much it just keeps circulating in blood and they dont go inside the tissue is this right ?
That much is true. Like I mentioned, the key is to not use high dosages.

jazz1

Reaction score
I use these oils and supplements.

Attachments

• 793CF3CE-0659-4974-B80A-E71141DA2D4E.jpeg
    793CF3CE-0659-4974-B80A-E71141DA2D4E.jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 106