What do ya guys recommend?

TJ2002

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm 20 yrs old and I'm ready to take action. My dad had thin hair all his life and then began losing it when he was about 38. My hair is thin too but I think it'd be best if I started on a regimen now. I've been researching for a bit now and it seems like the best way to go is Propecia,Rogaine and Nizoral. I'm not looking for any regrowth or anything like that, I want to maintain what I have. If I can get it thicker, then that's just a bonus. I have a widows peak and my temples have slightly recessed. Should I apply rogaine to try and get some of it back? Should I also use it on my hairline? I think the hairline on my left side has lost a bit. Would rogaine possibly work here?

I know you guys get these questions a lot. Sorry for that. Thanks for your input and time. Good luck to everyone.

P.S. for anyone else that has thin hair..can using couvre or toppik help style it easier/better?

drinkrum

Reaction score
Take finasteride (Propecia, quartered Proscar, etc.) and use a good shampoo like T/Gel or Nizoral.

Gauge your progress after a year and then make any adjustments like adding minoxidil (Rogaine).

D.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
DO you think your losing your hair or do you know for sure?
Is your hair just thin (naturally) or is it thinning?

Personally I'd go to a dermatologist first and see what they say. Then start on finasteride and nizoral leaving Rogaine alone for now.
Maybe even a reduced dose of finasteride, like .5mg.

TJ2002

Reaction score
Pretty sure....

I'm 99.9% sure that it's male pattern baldness. It seems like every man in my family tree has lost their hair.

G

Yeah Drinkrum and BadhairDecade have pretty much summed it up, if you just want to maintain, then life popping a pill every morning and washing your hair with Nizoral on bath nights is a fairly easy regimen to keep up.

Hold off on the Rogaine for a while to see how you respond to Propecia.

If you do start to use Rogaine do not stop using it

If you want to save your self a load of money, buy yourself some Proscar instead of Propecia, same drug, same company just it's a 5mg dose instead of 1mg, so buy these chop 'em into 5 bits and take 1 a day (if you plan on taking 1mg a day)

good luck baldy

Ty