What do you think of my hair?

riccyfuller4

Reaction score
I am a 21 year old male, and I am unsure if my hairline has always been like this, or if it has gone back a very tiny bit. When I look at pictures from when I was a child, I always had a high hairline, pretty much the same as my hairline now. However I never took pictures of the temples or really checked into them as a child xD So I'm just unsure on my current situation. To me it is fine, and i'm glad I have the hair I have, however I don't want to lose it, so just here for some opinions? Also my father is 65 and still has all his hair, but it has always been a high hairline, similar to mine. On my mothers side, her brother and father were both pretty bald, not sure what Norwood though, but there was not much hair =P.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg5.jpg1.jpg3.jpg6.jpg7.jpg
The 2nd picture makes my hairline look lower, and more straight, as I just slicked it back and didn't pull my hair back, also some of these pictures are taken with wet hair, and all taken within the same week, apart from the 6th photo is 1 year old! Anyways, I look forward to replies. Thank you.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
We lose 100 hairs( give or take) a day on a normal basis. Are you noticing excessive shedding at all? You do have some signs of recession, now whether this is your original hair line or from something else is hard to know. What is your family history? Try digging up photos from a year or so ago to make a comparison of your hairline. A well qualified and respected physician/dermatologist ought to be able to diagnose it. Your hair looks great all in all. All the best.

riccyfuller4

Reaction score
We lose 100 hairs( give or take) a day on a normal basis. Are you noticing excessive shedding at all? You do have some signs of recession, now whether this is your original hair line or from something else is hard to know. What is your family history? Try digging up photos from a year or so ago to make a comparison of your hairline. A well qualified and respected physician/dermatologist ought to be able to diagnose it. Your hair looks great all in all. All the best.

There's one photo in there a year old, the 6th photo I think. I lose small single strands of hair, but only if i keep rubbing my hands through my hair. My father still has all his, but on my mothers side the males lost most of theres, just my fathers side all males have nice hair, maybe around norwood 2.5 and they're all in their 60's 70's!

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
comparable to my hair line, I would see a dermatologist to be actually sure.
Could just be a naturally high hair line as you suggested.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks about like mine did before I started thinning badly. Honestly I'd get on treatment, but thats because I know where I started and ended up and hindsight is 20 20. You have to decide if things are progressing badly, because you see what we cant.