What do you think of this aminexil shampoo?

CCS

Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/Vichy-Energizing- ... B000YB5T4M

200 oz, 1.5% aminexil, only $13. I would use it once a week, year around.

Thing is, they say it helps prevent scaring around the follicles, so that the hair roots are not stuck in a smaller area each cycle. It does not say it reverses scaring. I would think that if it did reverse it, they would advertise that. Supposedly Tricomin does reverse scaring.

What do we believe about aminixel? I know it is similar to minoxidil.

Regardless, at that price and volume, a bottle would last a year easily.

CCS

Reaction score
luca37 said:
I tried this shampoo too - no success :thumbdown2:
Maybe it's effective in some cases as for me It didn't change my situation and finally I've got Propecia which I'm using for 2 weeks. And I can already see a little change ;)

I would not expect the shampoo to work as a stand alone. There are many aspects of male pattern baldness that the shampoo does not address. All it does is softens the scar tissue around the follicle so the hair is capable of growing bigger if you are using other products to make it grow bigger.

I would expect much more regrowth and maintenance from Nizoral 1%, but I think the best ongoing combo would be Nizoral 1% 6x a week, and Aminexil shampoo 1x per week. Studies say 2-3x per week for Nizoral produces the same benefits as higher doses, but I like it every day because it calms down my follicle irritation. I can feel the immune system attacking them and making them sore if I don't use Nizoral daily.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's something I posted a couple of years ago about a product which has aminexil in it:

I'm not terribly impressed with this product. It seems to be basically minoxidil, with a few extras thrown in. One of them is Aminexil, which Drs. Marty Sawaya and Jerry Shapiro were fairly skeptical about in their lengthy review article "Alopecia: Unapproved Treatments or Indications". Here's the final sentence from their paragraph about Aminexil: "...Again, this product needs more rigorous testing using standard FDA-approved end-points of evaluation before we will fully accept the efficacy data."