What exactly is the procedure for making a topical finasteride?

$tackz

Established Member
Reaction score
Say I had a 2oz container of Spironolactone... what exactly is the math to calculate how much I would need to mix in to deliver a small dose of topical finasteride?

Same with minoxidil, if I wanted to do like 0.1mg/mL what is the math or process for that?

Thank you experienced hair loss sufferers! :jump:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Where CCS at? shampooing??? :dunno:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I crush 6 tablets of 5mg of Finasteride in every bottle of minoxidil. I don't give a sh*t about the proper mixture. :gay: Because who really knows the right one??

$tackz

Established Member
Reaction score
squeegee said:
I crush 6 tablets of 5mg of Finasteride in every bottle of minoxidil. I don't give a sh*t about the proper mixture. :gay: Because who really knows the right one??
well ideally id want to make a formulation that was low enough to still be semi-effective but give me the lowest risk of side effects. i'm not really big on absorbing finasteride internally if i can help it.

to Cassin... u mad? :dunno:

Leezer

Reaction score
In a 65ml bottle of minoxidil you have to add 6mg finasteride to achieve 0.1mg of finasteride topically per application of minoxidil - that makes a total of 0.2mg per day if you apply minoxidil twice daily.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
IMO topical finasteride really needs a slow absorbing cream base, or all you're doing is just dumping finasteride into your blood stream. Dermovan base or some other carrier oil base would work the best IMO.

$tackz

Established Member
Reaction score
Leezer said:
In a 65ml bottle of minoxidil you have to add 6mg finasteride to achieve 0.1mg of finasteride topically per application of minoxidil - that makes a total of 0.2mg per day if you apply minoxidil twice daily.
Thank you.
Harie said:
IMO topical finasteride really needs a slow absorbing cream base, or all you're doing is just dumping finasteride into your blood stream. Dermovan base or some other carrier oil base would work the best IMO.
Then I could just add finasteride to my 2oz container of 5% Spironolactone cream. It has a base of aloe vera I think...