What helps slow/prevent shedding?

helpmefindmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Have any products helped you slow/prevent the shedding caused by finasteride and/or minoxidil?

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Time will help, but you cant buy that. :) Be patient my friend, sheds are normal and if you are experiencing an increase it will eventually normalize.
Tony

helpmefindmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Brasi,

I'm not experiencing a shed. I just started propecia 5 days ago. I just want to know if there's anything that could possibly make my hair "stronger" in case I do start to experience a shed.

Someone mentioned Dercos by L'Oreal but I don't know.

mrlestat

Reaction score
The reality is that shedding is a GOOD thing.. It means the drugs are working. Theres no point in making the "hair stronger" because its the follices that are reacting by expelling the existing weak hair and starting to regenerate a new thicker, stronger hair..

I had a pretty bad 4 week shed then after another month new thicker hair started sprouting everywhere & you can hardly tell I'm thinning now :lol: .. Personally I would be more concerned if I didn't have a shed because it would probably mean the drugs aren't working :!:

Reaction score
mrlestat said:
The reality is that shedding is a GOOD thing.. It means the drugs are working. Theres no point in making the "hair stronger" because its the follices that are reacting by expelling the existing weak hair and starting to regenerate a new thicker, stronger hair.. :!:

mrlestat's right. Too many people worry about the sheds and can't focus on the long term results.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think he understands that he will shed, but what he wants to know is what can he use to help give him a thicker set of hair. Am I correct?

Tony